kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure have grown attached to having em around,seein them from year to year,and throughout the year too....hard on my garden,but Oh,well!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure have grown attached to having em around,seein them from year to year,and throughout the year too....hard on my garden,but Oh,well!
:notworthy: This is why I can't understand the outher pictures, on the outher thread, I would much rather see them every day walking around....but I guess each to his own :sadsmiley:

SS

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy: This is why I can't understand the outher pictures, on the outher thread, I would much rather see them every day walking around....but I guess each to his own :sadsmiley:

SS

Its a heritage thing Colin,you know my background,and if I still needed the meat I sure would be eating one of these guys,but I dont.I hold nothing against anybody that is proud of the game they bag,I just hope they utilize it and are respectful to the animal.Many are not,and are a detriment to our ways.My oldest daughter is getting old enough now to be able to hunt if she wish's to do so,my fondest memories of my childhood were hunting with my grand dad and father,if not thats fine with me

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a heritage thing Colin,you know my background,and if I still needed the meat I sure would be eating one of these guys,but I dont.I hold nothing against anybody that is proud of the game they bag,I just hope they utilize it and are respectful to the animal.Many are not,and are a detriment to our ways.My oldest daughter is getting old enough now to be able to hunt if she wish's to do so,my fondest memories of my childhood were hunting with my grand dad and father,if not thats fine with me
Yes I know your back ground Mate :thumbsup: and I know to some putting meat on the table to feed there family, is important to. But a lot like to post the kills just for bragging rights.

SS

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are in my Brothers yard in Colorado
DoubleCheater1_Nov21_12_CO_zpsc40a5152.jpg

Basic4pt_Nov21_2012_CO_zps7fce8a27.jpg

4ptanddoe_Nov21_12_CO_zps02f9c72f.jpg

seems with the predators anymore all the bigger bucks are around the house?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Deer do make great neighbors,here those who pursue them are also those who respect their tenacity in the face of development and disease.
Every winter night i think of them out on natures cold breast when its bitter cold and greens are a memory. Metabolism drops and even those who find decent forage still evolved to lose same average weight each year. they are remarkable creatures. a favorite study .a favorite sight when fawns show up late spring.
Nice pics kuger!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are in my Brothers yard in Colorado
DoubleCheater1_Nov21_12_CO_zpsc40a5152.jpg

Basic4pt_Nov21_2012_CO_zps7fce8a27.jpg

4ptanddoe_Nov21_12_CO_zps02f9c72f.jpg

seems with the predators anymore all the bigger bucks are around the house?

At first I was going to say that these bucks look a little big for California bucks, not saying that those bucks from California were not inviting. There are some really nice big bucks in Colorado.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to put fencing arround my younger trees to protect them from the bucks rubbing and killing my trees. I even had a buck work over one of the aspens to the right in the photo's on my thread. If I am correct it is at least 10 inches thick. I was never able to see how large this buck beacuse he was a night time buck ( Smart, only traveled after dark).

Last edited:
OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont under estimate these Cali bucks!!!There are some here that would give the Mulies a run for the money.The record for most points on a Mule deer is still held for a buck that came from real close to here........the bucks here are Blacktail.My family usually get one 30" every year

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

:icon_thumright:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kuger are you able to collect any sheds from those guys? Your right about the predators running them out of the woods. I live in the flathead valley in western montana. We have so many wolves now you see elk herds in the valley where never before.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kuger are you able to collect any sheds from those guys? Your right about the predators running them out of the woods. I live in the flathead valley in western montana. We have so many wolves now you see elk herds in the valley where never before.
We do hunt sheds but don't know where these rascals drop.i have some new pics of some new bucks that showed,one has come back four years now.dont even get me started on the wolves,

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Kuger,

You have some nice bucks Amigo. I also let them be, and enjoy seeing them now and then.

I have harvested many a buck elsewhere, but have never hunted them in my place. I only killed a small doe here once because I had bought a gun from a friend of mine. It was a 30 30 Winchester golden spike, never been fired. I went to try it out, and was looking for a chicken hawk or something else. I wasn't expecting to see any deer, when two small does ran until they thought they were safe.

I have been wanting to train a dog to look for sheds, and we have been thinking of getting some Jack Russells. They may not have the best nose, and I would never try to trash break one. I know I can't have a shed dog without trash breaking it, but maybe if they run into a shed, they will bring it to me.

Homar

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is what was for dinner tonight. But I agree I could never shoot the ones around the house. I like watching them to much. It seems the older one gets the less you let the arrow fly. I do enjoy the hunt though and feeding some families. Plus if you want to eat healthy...
Beautiful mature animals you have sir. Great pictures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread