Bigfoot in California!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, not quite. Here is the last piece of the last one known to be in CA. Jack Rudolph (Judy's dad) BBQ'd it and took this photo of the last piece in 1994. And I am told it DID taste like chicken! TTC

bigfoot.jpg

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wheeeew. well now we know. gonna call the bfro?

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
A few years back I was visiting my Grandmother in Salyer, CA and my uncle, the wife and I went to nearby Willow Creek (Bigfoot capital of the US), and we had a Bigfoot Burger at the Early Bird Eating with George: The Bigfoot Burger. One awesome burger! After that we took a ride to Happy Camp and Fish Lake to look for the Big Guy, but he was shy that day and never showed.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I'm not on my deathbed but will confess something. Judy's dad cut up a piece of chicken to look like a hand (or foot) before throwing it on the BARBIE. Maybe that is why it tasted like chicken!? TTC

Cl1983

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live not far from willow creek and attending Bigfoot days has always been on the list of summer things to do. Thing I'm always at a civil war reenactment when it's going on

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live not far from willow creek and attending Bigfoot days has always been on the list of summer things to do. Thing I'm always at a civil war reenactment when it's going on
Back in the '70s, I was able to purchase a civil war era cap and ball pistol, in .36 cal. Probably ordered by an officer because it was from the same maker that made six .22 cal. pistols but the govt would not contract. Regular soldiers could not offord one. The only thing needed for the pistol was a new main (leaf) spring. I bought it from another police officer for $110 dollars and sold it "site unseen" to a re-enactment group for $250. A lady invited me to Wash. DC and we visited the Smithsonian. On display was THE SAME KIND of pistol from that maker, and mine was in BETTER condition! That's when I started kicking myself. TTC

Cl1983

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a lot of reenactors mad because both my revolvers cost 230 total, now that model goes for 200 each. My next goal is a cannon (mortar costs around 300 to build) to have my own gun would be great

Cl1983

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally read that link. I've driven past that yellow building for maybe 15 years and never stopped. I plan on it if I make it over to the trinity soon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread