train wont run on dirt...North Zulch, Tx

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
train won't run on dirt...North Zulch, Tx

going to work location this AM came upon a road warning sign, just N of North Zulch (yes, real town) which caught my eye...it said "incident ahead". Having never seen one of them, I did not know what to expect...It soon became apparent.
Pics not real good, I was driving...

DSC00189.jpg DSC00190.jpg

what I didn't get, a shot of, was all the trucks on the side of the road. They were lined up for a solid mile. Dozer buried behind the one you can see in pic 2.
May be getting a call soon. They are all crashed right on top of one of our fibers. The way they are sinking if it doesn't get cut it will be a miracle.
Can you say "job security"

OP
OP
bravowhiskey

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Thanks, Bill. I saw KBTX van there, but haven't watched the local news yet. Them "chicken pluckers" are all over aren't they?

Brent

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on which news story your read, 9 - 11 cars derailed and 4 locomotives derailed. BNSF will just have to spend more of Warren Buffets money and buy more wheel/axle sets and put those cars back to work. It killed about half of the 5,000 live chickens. Bet that was a mess!

HI BOB!
RJGMC

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa, I'm glad I didn't have to clean that mess up. I like the 'Incident Ahead' sign part. Is that like Oklahoma putting up signs sayin 'Damaged Guardrail Ahead'?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread