OP
OP
boundforgolde

boundforgolde

May 2, 2013
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Other
IS IT OK TO UPLOAD PHOTOS AND IS ANYONE WILLING TO TAKE A LOOK AND POSSIBLY TELL ME IF I AM WASTING MY TIME?
I LIVE IN GREENVILLE SC THERE IS A RIVER CLOSE BY SO MY NIECE AND I GO FROG AND GOLD HUNTING...SHE HUNTS FROGS I HOPE FOR GOLD

OP
OP
boundforgolde

boundforgolde

May 2, 2013
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Other
THERE IS ALOT OF PYRITE AND I THING SOME SILVER AS WELL AS GOLD BUT MY FATHER SAYS IT IS NOT GOLD HE HAS NOT DONE THE RESEARCH IVE DONE AND THINKS ALL GOLD IS NATIVE GOLD BUT I KEEP TELLING HIM IT IS A BUNCH OF MINERALS BUT THERE IS GOLD AND YOU CAN SEE IT
SO I AM GOING TO UPLOAD SEVERAL PICTURES SO IF ANY OF YOU PROFESSIONALS CAN TAKE THE TIME TO PEEK AT THEM FOR ME IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, NOT TO MENTION MY FATHER WOULD BE FOR ONCE ECSTATIC I WAS RIGHT AND HE WASNT!

Machxin

Apr 26, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try to not use capitols the whole time. It can rub some people the wrong way.

Yes people love to help on these forums! It is a fantastic community to become part of. :hello:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody gotta be someplace and we're happy you're here. Post away with your pics as this is a snapshot forum. I haven't seen a bad pic on here (well, with the exception of some of mine). There's folks here can help you get them uploaded and some high caliber photographers that can give you some tips. One more thing. You mentioned that niece of yours hunts frogs. I assume that's to eat frog legs and not for some science project? If so, yeah buddy, she's way more cooler than you and should sign up on here too. I hope you're proud of the young lady. We hardly see the younger generation interested in that sort of thing anymore. Take care, and lookin forward to seeing your pics.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet Suzanne,

Take it to a pawn shop, and try to sell it as gold, if it's not, they will let you know.

Homar

idnc68

Feb 26, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to you from kentucky and good hunting

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
boundforgolde

boundforgolde

May 2, 2013
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the toasty welcome & a "better late than not at all" post

Hey now & a :icon_biggrin: Happy Hello to all of you who have so graciously introduced themselves & welcomed me onboard this unbelievably fantastic forum of awesome info. I know I am going to learn so much from you pros and have fun doing it!
BTW... I am Oh so sorry about the all-caps... and yes I have heard that before, my brother said it was rude & that most folks took it as you were yelling or angry. Just so all of you know, I think it is so much better to use ALL-CAPS if you are an ADHD 2-finger type-er...like me whose (not medicated) mind goes way too fast for all that shifting! ;) ... so I want to extend a 'please forgive my future ALL-CAPS posts' if I happen to slip and/or forget. Dont get offended I wont be yelling or acting aggressive unless of course I add a few :censored: cuss-word gaps in the sentence.
Also sorry I didnt reply a post back last night. I did have a good reason since I went to my brothers award ceremony for night-school. I got so frustrated & didnt realize the time when I was trying to upload the pics to show all of you & when I did I had to leave which leaves me replying back tonight...
ANYWAY, sorry for the gibberish & pay no mind to my rattling on :wink:
Now where were we...
GEDC0099.JPG GEDC0057.JPG newore.JPG huge ore.JPG maybe oxide gold.jpg SDC19505.JPG

OP
OP
boundforgolde

boundforgolde

May 2, 2013
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Homar,
Great Idea & thats exactly what I did a few years ago when I started out digging in the rivers & mud for more than just a hobby. I took samples to several local places & they saw the flakes confirmed there was gold but told me the only way it would be of value is in its refined state, a gold nugget. So I started my research...and WOW, I haven't stopped! I now wish I would have become a mineralogist or geologist instead of a hair-stylist! The earth is a fascinating, mind blowing, always changing Phenomenon!

OP
OP
boundforgolde

boundforgolde

May 2, 2013
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Other
Have I mentioned I was once blonde!
Like I said this is my first forum & I know for a fact all you experienced pros have :laughing7: your_ _ _ off when you saw my first posting attempt! right now I am as I try to find my way around here.
Please give me a chance... try to be patient, Ive heard it pays, at least thats what my PaPa used to tell me.
hope everyone has a nice weekend

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Suzanne,

Nice pictures. Have you tried to make an indent mark on what appears like solid gold? You can use any sharp object, if it's gold it should be soft. You can also swing a metal detector over it.

Homar

OP
OP
boundforgolde

boundforgolde

May 2, 2013
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Other
Camille the frog hunter

Thanks for the post and I am VERY PROUD of her! She most definitely is awesome! She hunts the frogs for pets (last about a weekend) has eaten 'other' frog legs as long as there is extra garlic in the butter and loves it. BTW she is 7 years old butterfly cam.jpg take a look
and you will agree she is quite beautiful to me!

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the best frog catching face I've ever seen. The frogs think she's a butterfly!

You have one smart and cute sister.

Homar

OP
OP
boundforgolde

boundforgolde

May 2, 2013
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Other
It acts like gold

Hello Suzanne,

Nice pictures. Have you tried to make an indent mark on what appears like solid gold? You can use any sharp object, if it's gold it should be soft. You can also swing a metal detector over it.

Homar

Thanks for all the kind words! I will see Camille today, she is my niece but likes to pretend we are sisters. I will let her read it & she will want me to take more pictures of her to post too, which I will do since I enjoy it so! if you get a chance Ive started to upload some pics in an album on my profile here & since rocks are not the only thing I treasure & this is a Treasure finding forum/website, I figure Id add some of my other incredible riches as well.

As to the mark I used a pin and it sticks, its also quite heavy & pans like gold.
Ive soaked small bits of the yellow/gold sections in 18k nitric acid and they just gets brighter gold.
If you take a tiny bit and drop it in a glass of water it sinks like a shot to the bottom.
I do know there are alot of other minerals all mixed in but my dad stands firm saying its not gold & he is the one who has mined in Nevada & California, not me.
The closest thing Ive found online while searching is a past listing on ebay from a guy in Colorado. It looks 100% identical to what Ive got & he calls it a gold/silver ore slag.
Here is the link if you want to check it out
Gold and Silver Ore The Slag Approx 12 3 Lbs | eBay

Anyway if youve got the time, Id love to know what you think...that goes for anyone else here too
Thanks again for the input!
IT IS MOST DEFINITELY APPRECIATED :happysmiley:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Suzanne,

So your dad is an expert, in that case what you may have is chalcopyrite. Do a streak test on it, you can use ceramic floor tile ( unglazed side ). You can also use a toilet tank lid, again the rough inside. Gold will leave a gold streak, chalcopyrite will streak black with a slightly green tinge.

You could also take a small piece and try to hammer it flat, gold is malleable. I do hope your dad is wrong, it does look like the one on ebay. Chalcopyrite is soluble in nitric acid, tingeing the solution blue.

Homar

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are very lucky! This is your first forum and you hit on the best on your first try! :)
This section you are posting in is "Daily Snapshot". There is one for gold where you might get some more responses. Look around and welcome to the site.

OP
OP
boundforgolde

boundforgolde

May 2, 2013
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Other
You are very lucky! This is your first forum and you hit on the best on your first try! :)
This section you are posting in is "Daily Snapshot". There is one for gold where you might get some more responses. Look around and welcome to the site.

Thank you for the advise ;) this forum is amazing great information! I should have joined years ago had 8 known it existed.
Hope you have a great week!

coon007

May 24, 2005
South Texas
hello the best way to fnd out what you have is with a fire assay, send me a small sample and i can do the assay free of charge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread