OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
photo_camera.gif
Fantastic photograph ronwoodcraft. Not sure what bigfoot has to do with it though...
The bigfoot part was just a feeble attempt at humor. One morning about daybreak , I was walking in some crunchy snow through some trees to my job where we were building a house. My coworkers said they thought it was bigfoot coming in. Just because I'm 6'4" and wear size 13 shoes.

Thanks to ALL for your comments.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ive spent the last 5 minutes looking at every detail in the woods, trying to see where bigfoot was in the picture.

thanks...

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
ive spent the last 5 minutes looking at every detail in the woods, trying to see where bigfoot was in the picture.

thanks...
Thanks for your input gsxraddict,

I had no Idea this would cause any confusion.
Please accept my apology for wasting 5 min of your life. If it's any consolation, there are a few people who have spent their entire life searching these woods for bigfoot.

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha! I got it right away. You can tell in the pic you're a pretty good sized ol boy, and with the hood up there is a passin resemblance to ol sasquatch. Maybe if you wore all brown they would get it.

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro silver umax, Whites Spectrum XLT
Past: Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet picture, Lol i literally looked for 2 minutes because I thought you meant bigfoot was in it (photoshopped in)

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great picture...looks like a beautiful spot.

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice shot! Can I ask what kind of camera and how long exposure and what else you do to get the cool water effect?

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Nice shot! Can I ask what kind of camera and how long exposure and what else you do to get the cool water effect?
I just upgraded to a Canon 5D MKIII, and used it for this one, but so far I don't see any difference in this picture and my old Canon XSI rebel, as far as image quality goes.

I believe this one was around 2 second exposure, I used a neutral density filter also.

Lighting plays a big part in these kind of pictures. I like overcast days, or early morning before sunrise, or evening after sunset. So light is even. It was actually raining when I took this one.

My standard camera settings for these kind of water shots is :camera in manual mode, iso 100, aperture set at f/16. On cloudy days this usually gives me a shutter speed of around 1 second. Camera on an a tripod with timer for shutter release.(Hope this makes since.)

Heres one I took recently in the Black Hills of South Dakota before sunrise using these same settings. (No Filters)

Attachments

• 0040000.jpg
    0040000.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 107

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for all the tips, it mostly made sense lol, my step dad when I was a teenager was a Photographer, I should have paid more attention. I'll wait till I get a Canon XSI then I'll be back with more questions I'm sure. Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread