JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all, just discovered this forum. Happy to find out others photograph as well as treasure hunt. Here are some photos from our latest road trip. Went to Michigan Upper Peninsula. The pics are Chapel Falls, Sable Falls, Old Sand Hills Lighthouse, (now a Bed and Breakfast Inn), and a view from the lighthouse tower. The owners allow guests 24 hour access to the tower! Starry nights and dawn\dusk were incredible sights. The other building is the old Five Mile Point fog horn station. The body of water is Lake Superior. Thanks for looking, love to share photos and especially see other members pics!

DSC_0300 (562x800).jpg
DSC_0364 - Copy (2) (800x718).jpg
DSC_0541 (800x785).jpg
DSC_0474 (800x520).jpg

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome!

Those are all gorgeous shots, but #2 of the waterfall is an absolute winner..:occasion14:

I see you're also a Nikon fan, and considering you shot that in manual mode my guess
is you've been at this a while? I'd love to get a new full-frame, but for now my D90
is still doing a bang-up job.

OP
OP
JunkShopFiddler

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome!

Those are all gorgeous shots, but #2 of the waterfall is an absolute winner..:occasion14:

I see you're also a Nikon fan, and considering you shot that in manual mode my guess
is you've been at this a while? I'd love to get a new full-frame, but for now my D90
is still doing a bang-up job.

Thanks for the encouragement, I have been taking pics since 1970 at 14 years of age. Back then there was no memory card or delete button. learning on a film camera you got what you got, so you had to think your exposures through or waste your film money, which I am sure you remember if your old enough! I have had a D5100 for about 2 years it is my first digital SLR, Thought I would hate giving up the film but now I love the digital. If your interested a lot of my pictures, old and new, are on pinterest.com/tncodie

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, great pics! I didn't care much for digital quality when it first came out, but it's all right now. I usually shoot about 50 or so pics when I'm out with the camera and then can find 2 or 3 that look fair.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions