Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you fyrffyter1, I always wondered what they would do with the spring. Shame no more swimming though.
When I was growing up, we went to that spring almost every weekend (in the summer). Where it comes out at the river, there used to be an old foot bridge and some areas the Indians had built up. The girl scouts used to take us through the back trail to the river.

I was also there, the last weekend before it burned, that Sunday night. Saturday the band played on the island. Sunday friends of mine were married on that island. It is an especially beautiful place!
What great wonderful memories I have of Radium springs! Thank you again.

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like dreamland. Would be fun to sit there for a bit.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, a timeless place...... I found this video this morning, thought all might enjoy.

At 2:33, up to the left are three sets of steps. During the flood in 94, the water was all the way up to the top of the steps. You couldn't even see the spring. Actually, at the beginning, looking down, you are standing at the top of those steps.

At 7:11, that platform towards the right, is where you'd go if you wanted to fish. Me and Dad sat there many times.

The water looks murky/cloudy to me, they took the diving board out replaced it with a plaque, and the beach is growed over.
It was and is still a beautiful place.

I appreciated it more, with life in it, happy ppl, families, having fun, laughter, splashing, swimming, fishing, hiking, playing....... was a simply time.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions