mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Same here. too hot. I wonder if the bass go to deeper water when it's so hot. I am ready for a fish dinner.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey same here in the mountains. I caught...one so far this year. None of the other guys are doin any better. We'll keep after it, but we think our chances may improve come fall.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You wanna catch some fish? If so, the please, Please, PLEASE come to my house
after the 3rd week of Sept...
Bow.gif

Why, you ask?

Well, the river I live on is getting a massive Pink Salmon return this year, and if no one
catches the things by mid-Oct. they end up either dying or drifting up on our beach.
The word I hear is about 125,000 Pinks are on their way, and they're not at all hard to
catch. We call them Humpies due to the large hump the males grow once they begin their
spawning cycle.

We have a nice (most of the time) long beach with plenty of room, and one of the
best salmon holes on the Skagit right in my backyard. The lot next door is set up
for camping or an RV, (with full services), and the owner wouldn't ask much for a
few days stay.

Why am I so happy to freely share this bounty?

Do you have any idea what a few hundred rotting salmon corpses smell like on a warm
day?
bur2.gif

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We did good the day before on a little, mountain lake. Came home with 15 stockers. Going after king salmon on Monday out of Bodega Bay, CA. The salmon bite is on!!

Attachments

• fish6.jpg
    fish6.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 79

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This year has been great!!!!

Come on up to Minnesota!!!!
Our Politics suck, but out fishing is great........

008.JPG

My son and his 32" Northern Pike - Caught a bunch of Walleye and perch that day also.........filled our freezer!!!!

Oh, and PackerBacker - Is Packer some sort of semi pro football team? < - Just jivin you!!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 fish limit 3 days and 105 lbs won that is an average of 7 pounders. Lake Chickamauga,Tn. Large mouth.
Happy fishing!

Vampcatt

Greenie
May 1, 2013
Eufaula, Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150, Garrett 250 -
PRO POINTER!! (Finally!)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We caught 7 nice Catfish here on Lake Eufaula in Oklahoma 2 days ago.. spent the day hunting around the lake and hopping in every so often, because this heat is murder!!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You wanna catch some fish? If so, the please, Please, PLEASE come to my house
after the 3rd week of Sept...
Bow.gif

Why, you ask?

Well, the river I live on is getting a massive Pink Salmon return this year, and if no one
catches the things by mid-Oct. they end up either dying or drifting up on our beach.
The word I hear is about 125,000 Pinks are on their way, and they're not at all hard to
catch. We call them Humpies due to the large hump the males grow once they begin their
spawning cycle.

We have a nice (most of the time) long beach with plenty of room, and one of the
best salmon holes on the Skagit right in my backyard. The lot next door is set up
for camping or an RV, (with full services), and the owner wouldn't ask much for a
few days stay.

Why am I so happy to freely share this bounty?

Do you have any idea what a few hundred rotting salmon corpses smell like on a warm
day?
bur2.gif

I reckon same as the Shad here after their spring run,whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dizzy, I saw where they were saying the "pinks" were "imperiled" in Calif and Wash. What is the limit on them? A few of my friends and I aren't above traveling to fish. :)

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
PackerBacker: By mid-Sept. we also get a return run of Coho Salmon, and the season
in the upper river (my area) opens on 9/16. Limit is 4 per day, only 2 of which can be
Coho. You'll want to C&R the Humpies and keep the first 2 Coho you land, then keep
a couple Pinks if you want.

Non-res license is $84.50 (annual) for freshwater only, and 3-day is $35.50.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread