The Rim Fire

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
........they knew the second day of the FIRE,he....who ever it was came forward!!!!I try to not be a conspiracy type but WHY does the Gov. do things like this?Now its plastered everywhere HUNTER....????Why?If it was somebody camping would they say "HOUSEWIFE",seems to me a few years ago one of the largest fires in history was caused by a FS employee BURNING a love letter....where were the head lines then?

OP
OP
calisdad

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard they opened 120, I was considering taking a drive, but not sure I really want to see it. They said on the news the hunter was in the Jawbone ridge area........used to camp in that area when I was a kid.

Opened yesterday at noon. Still closed from Crane Flat to White Wolf and the forest is still closed.

The fire started below Jawbone on the Clavey about a mile and a half from the Tuolumne. I think if I was going to bow hunt the area with the intent on packing out a deer I would have rafted down the Tuolumne, packed up the Clavey with the intent of rafting back down to Wards Ferry Bridge. Doable but you better be in pretty good shape.

OP
OP
calisdad

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
........they knew the second day of the FIRE,he....who ever it was came forward!!!!I try to not be a conspiracy type but WHY does the Gov. do things like this?Now its plastered everywhere HUNTER....????Why?If it was somebody camping would they say "HOUSEWIFE",seems to me a few years ago one of the largest fires in history was caused by a FS employee BURNING a love letter....where were the head lines then?

And if they knew on the 2nd day why the pot grower comments? Nobody is talking about it but if there were growers in the fire zone, and there must have been, I doubt they could have outrun the fire.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not many deer down that canyon right now,and anybody local,that hunts knows that....now come Nov........that area would normally be loaded.That area lost is/was the wintering ground for much of Yosemites deer.......hopefully will be great browse next year,if the ground wasnt heat sterilized

........not that a young,unexperienced,non local couldnt have watched too many hunting shows,and tried for an adventure....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions