pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great time. That's a fine salmon.. Also an interesting way to keep the sea lions aways..LOL.. Whatever works I guess.. Thanks for sharing..

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, be nice. Sea lions need food too...

Sure they do- but let them find their own. I was salmon fishing once and the boat owner was dropping seal bombs over the side. I thought he was going to blow the bottom of his boat out. :BangHead:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy packerbacker,

That sure looks like fun. I have never done any type of salt water fishing in my life. It's in my bucket list now! Heck it's been around 15 years that I have done any fishing at all. Even though I love seafood, the different kinds of fish that I have tasted can be counted on one hand. Sure do envy your diet.

Homar P. Olivarez

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homar, I see you're from Texas. Are you close to the gulf? Great fishing there. You have wasted 15 years so far, don't make it 16! :) My buddy and I are starting to plan an albacore trip. They fight like hell, taste great and there isn't a limit on them.
Austin, paintballs are a gentle way of discouraging a sea lion; some dumba$$es actually shoot them with lead! Just the sound of the paintball gun and the balls hitting the water scare them off. I love and respect all sea life and would never hurt anything purposely.
Thanks all for the comments. Yes calisdad, Trinidad is a special place. Seems like the rest of the world hasn't heard about it yet. It's nice to go to a great place like that and not have a million tourists mulling around and ruining the peace and quiet.

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you all had a great time. :icon_thumleft: I am hoping to do a little salmon fishing later this fall.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you packer, I do plan to make some changes. I am just two hours from the Gulf of Mexico. Never been on a boat in salt water, hope it doesn't turn me inside out. Wonder if I would be able to concentrate on fishing, with all the lost treasure in the area.

Just a couple of days ago we were looking at a good spot here in our place planning to build a pond there to stock with fish.

Homar

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water is usually pretty calm down there. Take a Dramamine 1-1/2 hrs before you go out and make sure you eat a good breakfast. You'll be fine. 2 hours is nothing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions