Salsa in my future!!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a farm yesterday and picked a Suburban load of tomatoes. I brought this 340 lbs home and a friend of mine took a larger load to her mom's house to process. Any extra will go to Hands of Hope just like we did with our peaches. Free is a unbeatable price and we even got a bucket load of bell peppers to go with them. :)

Attachments

• tomatoes.jpg
    tomatoes.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ended up with 60 quarts of canned tomatoes, 5 quart jars of salsa and 34 pint jars of salsa. We're set for winter at least. Also gave some tomatoes away to others. Already had tons of peach, pear, blackberry and red raspberry jam stored and we're waiting for the boysenberries to ripen. Freezer is full of homegrown beef and wild salmon as well. Now I just have to learn how to brew my own beer! :)

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Busy! You are set for winter. Not long ago I had some bread made from the mash left over from brewing. It was before the hops were used. It was quite literally the best bread I've ever had. So when you are brewing those leftovers don't have to be thrown.
Enjoy your fruits of labor!

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker, what's your home address again? I seem to have lost it. lol

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mama....I bake a killer cracked wheat bread from scratch. I don't recall a loaf ever lasting long enough to get cool. Lost, if you ever find my house, you're more than welcome to stay. :)

mjido

Aug 14, 2007
Western New Mexico
Darn, I was just out in the Anderson and Cottonwood area, and if I would have known about your salsa etc. I sure would have tried to track you down.

Jim

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker, You fogot to mention you are sending a pint jar each of salsa to the first 10 folks that reply to your post here.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the Presidents of the United States only did a song about Peaches, :laughing7:
I was hoping this may would placate. :laughing7:

I so miss harvest and canning with my mom. The 'maters look great!
Ya'll have fun! :cat:

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah pat, harvest time is a great season. We enjoy stocking all kinds of foods from store-bought to home canned, smoked or frozen. My son's households and mine are pretty well stocked up with all kinds of provisions including freeze-dried. Our properties are connected so we can walk to each other's homes without leaving family-owned ground. The canning is a fun activity and I'm sure you miss doing it with your mom. Here's a pic of some qts. of salsa and tomatoes. Good stuff!

Attachments

• food1.jpg
    food1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 55

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread