• snow for today.jpg
    snow for today.jpg
    983.6 KB · Views: 93

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow......... that is pretty awesome. Unusually warm here in TN. It had been pretty mild here until the last couple of days. Now calling for a high in the upper 80's here today. We are early into our archery season and it is about too warm to hunt. I have never been to Colorado but it is definitely on the "Bucket List". Enjoy that crisp, clean, cool air. :icon_thumleft:

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s is some pretty white rain.

Winter is hitting us on Sunday. Going to be in the upper 50s for the low. Mid 70s for a high. Monday the same thing.

Then it’s back to summer.

Overall, this fall has been cool here. I don’t think it hit 100º but a couple of times in September.

September rain fall was 10.4 inches. That 0.4 inch more than half of rain fall for the whole year of 2012. We are still shy 2.5 inches this year of hitting last years total.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter sure ain't the best time of year at times in my job. I've been doing work over the last year 1/2 at a mine high up in the hills. These are some shots from last winter on the road up to the mine. One fellow who came down behind me on the road this last summer got a big rock come off the ledge on to his winshield. The road has a few crosses lined up and down it in memory of those who drove over the ledge or got hit by an avalanche of either rock or snow. I just put some new meats on my F150 this week in preparation for the coming months. I say a prayer each time I go up that road and one for the trip down each time I take it. I don't know how those miners do each day in the winter. They come down it like their driving in the Baja 500.

Attachments

• campbird road 1.jpg
    campbird road 1.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 88
  • campbird road 2.jpg
    campbird road 2.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 82
  • campbird road 3.jpg
    campbird road 3.jpg
    638.5 KB · Views: 85
  • bumpers truck.jpg
    bumpers truck.jpg
    602 KB · Views: 91
  • new tires.jpg
    new tires.jpg
    997.1 KB · Views: 87

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those pictures make my feet cold and my nose red.

Beautiful pictures just the same.

I would type more, but my fingers are numb.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we're between snowstorms right now. A couple of minor accidents over the weekend and road shutdowns here in Summit County. The bad thing this year is the construction on Hwy. 9 between here and Breck, which I drive every day. Narrowed down to two lanes with no shoulder to dodge off on. Bad enough when winter gets here fulltime, but in a couple of months we'll be adding Texans to the mix. Take care, and watch out for elk on the road this time of year.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we're between snowstorms right now. A couple of minor accidents over the weekend and road shutdowns here in Summit County. The bad thing this year is the construction on Hwy. 9 between here and Breck, which I drive every day. Narrowed down to two lanes with no shoulder to dodge off on. Bad enough when winter gets here fulltime, but in a couple of months we'll be adding Texans to the mix. Take care, and watch out for elk on the road this time of year.
Will do!... You be careful also. Sure thing on that hwy 9 Frisco to Break is a very busy road these days and I don't think the work on it will ever end.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My sister lives in Montana and has studded tires she puts on for winter. Do you guys do that too? Looks way too cold for kitty and me, but it is pretty...

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do keep chains in the truck. Only used them once a couple of years ago in Wyoming as the snow was coming down by the cubic yard sideways and drifting on the road. It was 40 miles north of Casper going south on I-25. There is nothing out that way and when I got to Casper they had closed the gate on the north bound lane. I may have been the only fool out on that road that night. I won't do that again. I get off the road when things are looking bad. I not only keep chains, but food-drink, sterno, heavy blankets, heavy clothing, snowshoes and a travel CB kit I got at the trift store. I should get a good radio again, but no one talks anymore on them. Truckers are to busy with their Ipads, tunes and texting these days. Gone is the yakety-yak social networking. I sure do miss it.

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I run into a snow bank once.

Some kid dropped his snow cone and I hit it.:laughing7:

All I can say is that I’m glad I don’t have to deal with winters up north.

In 2005 it actually snow here on Christmas Eve. Woke up to 6 inches on the ground. Only time I went outside was to water the dog. The dog didn’t like the snow either.

That Christmas day, more pictures were taking of the snow than there were of kids opening gifts.

A friend went to Wal Mart that afternoon to buy more film, but they were all sold out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread