tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's cold & wet for sure on this mornings walk. My wife picked up this big dog she said was a Saint Bernard mix 6 month ago, he's 9 months old now and keeps growing. I think she got it wrong. One shot is the day she came home with him and the other is today on his walk. He's a handfull. I've no clue what the heck he is? His name is Ollie and the little one is Bella, she's a Maltese Yorkshire mix I think. I her got from a place I get rock drilling bits and steel. She hung around the warehouse and looked like a dirty mop when I got her. She is a great travel partner for me now.

Attachments

• bella 1.jpg
    bella 1.jpg
    980.1 KB · Views: 106
  • ollie 1.jpg
    ollie 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
  • ollie day 1.jpg
    ollie day 1.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 85

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ollie is a good looking dog. He looks to be a Pointer and Collie mix with some other mixes in the works. I would call him a Hines 57 (a little bit of everything).

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love em no matter what??? Last night as I was work on putting new tile in my bathroom, Ollie kept coming in and getting in the way, plus he would grab a tool or anything I had on the floor. Later he was on the couch chewin away and I went over to take it away from him. I couldn't even say anything as I was so very sad over what he did. My phone is ruined and I can't upgrade for another year now. Does anyone out there know when a puppy will stop crewing everthing they get? We've not had a puppy for a very long time now. I thought being house trained was a major step, as Ollie is come though that with flying colors. It's the chewing that is starting to be a great loss in our stuff. shoes, sunglasses it's all starting to add up. Please Help!

Attachments

• phone 1.jpg
    phone 1.jpg
    792.9 KB · Views: 75
  • phone 2.jpg
    phone 2.jpg
    788.3 KB · Views: 102

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The chewing never stops. Even older dogs like a good chew now and then.

When my Lab ( should have called her grind it all) was a puppy, I found a small Kong (rubber dog toy) stuff with peanut butter and then frozen would keep the puppy busy for an hour.

I also would force a Milkbone in the Kong and that usually kelp her busy longer. Sometimes the dog would get tired of trying to get all the Milkbone before it was all gone.

Raw hide chewy toy worked sometimes. My dog would go threw a little raw hide toy in 5 minutes, so I got the big ones. The big ones lasted about a week.

Never give a dog an old shoe or sock to chew on. The dog will smell your sent on the thing and think it is alright to chew on anything that smells like you, after all, you gave it to him/her.:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The chewing never stops. Even older dogs like a good chew now and then.

When my Lab ( should have called her grind it all) was a puppy, I found a small Kong (rubber dog toy) stuff with peanut butter and then frozen would keep the puppy busy for an hour.

I also would force a Milkbone in the Kong and that usually kelp her busy longer. Sometimes the dog would get tired of trying to get all the Milkbone before it was all gone.

Raw hide chewy toy worked sometimes. My dog would go threw a little raw hide toy in 5 minutes, so I got the big ones. The big ones lasted about a week.

Never give a dog an old shoe or sock to chew on. The dog will smell your sent on the thing and think it is alright to chew on anything that smells like you, after all, you gave it to him/her.:icon_scratch:
Thanks! cactusrat, I do have the kong toy. Never did freeze it though, I'm doing that now. You ever play fetch with those kong's?...man that thing bounces and goes in all kinds of directions. It's fun to watch the dog try and keep up with it. It's not like a ball that bounces and goes in straight path. Keeps him on his toes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread