Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a baby. Did it live happily ever after? I found a baby groundhog at my back door a few years ago. It was March and still somewhat cold. The undergrowth hadn't come out yet. I did not want it right next to the house. I gently slid a shovel under it (see YOUR pic), and put it in the woods about 50' away. Not being mean, I "gave it" a pound of strawberries I had in the refrigerator and some grapes. When I last looked, it was sniffing the food. The next morning the fruit and groundhog were gone. So either it got a burst of energy from the food and took off to live out its life as a groundhog or something had fruit salad and groundhog tar tar. I think it made it cause 2 years later there are groundhogs digging down next to the foundation of the house. I ran 'em off by throwing a LOT of used cat litter in the hole.

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It’s a big bull (male) gopher. They sure tear up a yard fast.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious as to what kind of tone your machine rung up when you dug that up?

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a baby. Did it live happily ever after? I found a baby groundhog at my back door a few years ago. It was March and still somewhat cold. The undergrowth hadn't come out yet. I did not want it right next to the house. I gently slid a shovel under it (see YOUR pic), and put it in the woods about 50' away. Not being mean, I "gave it" a pound of strawberries I had in the refrigerator and some grapes. When I last looked, it was sniffing the food. The next morning the fruit and groundhog were gone. So either it got a burst of energy from the food and took off to live out its life as a groundhog or something had fruit salad and groundhog tar tar. I think it made it cause 2 years later there are groundhogs digging down next to the foundation of the house. I ran 'em off by throwing a LOT of used cat litter in the hole.
its a big o gopher

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I looks like you have successfully captured the elusive golden toothed gopher.

Probably rang up like a couple of pull tabs...

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That may look big to those of you scared by seeing teeth or those who never saw one but it is tiny. I have seen them as big as a large dog. I had one in my hard about ten years ago that was gong after our Rottweilers. It was rabbid and about 36 inches long. And way ver 60 pounds probably closer to 80-100 pounds.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looks like you have successfully captured the elusive golden toothed gopher.

Probably rang up like a couple of pull tabs...
not a bad lookin critter

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That may look big to those of you scared by seeing teeth or those who never saw one but it is tiny. I have seen them as big as a large dog. I had one in my hard about ten years ago that was gong after our Rottweilers. It was rabbid and about 36 inches long. And way ver 60 pounds probably closer to 80-100 pounds.
no shovel biggo gun then8-)

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you are married long enough you don't hear your wives voice. It is a scientifically proven fact that men become tone deaf to their wives voice after a short time.

Chevyfan2k9

Aug 27, 2013
Conway,sc
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta 4000,fisher f2,garrett gta350,bounty hunter elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you are married long enough you don't hear your wives voice. It is a scientifically proven fact that men become tone deaf to their wives voice after a short time.

Yep that's is a proven fact, just answer yes dear, lol at least that's what I do

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice catch AA!

BTW, if there's more, this little gal is for rent...8-)

DSC_0030.JPG

BTW, did you hold the shovel and take the picture, too?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread