tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning all from here on the Colorado front range...... It will no longer be a quiet peaceful time sitting here on this cold morning in my chair, next to my fake fireplace and a fresh brew of strong coffee. The sun says its time to get a move on. It all starts with a blow of a horn from a train way off in the distance, the sun appears and the sound of all the cars and trucks along the front range metro gets louder and louder. Have a good 11,12,13 day all!

Attachments

• sunrise.jpg
    sunrise.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad. I woke up this mornin at 4a.m. with a quarter inch of frost on my sleeping bag and could only hear the sound of the creek runnin. Luckily the fire stayed up enough to keep the coffee warm through the night.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad. I woke up this mornin at 4a.m. with a quarter inch of frost on my sleeping bag and could only hear the sound of the creek runnin. Luckily the fire stayed up enough to keep the coffee warm through the night.
You sure got some tough skin there Rginn, I myself need to get a new sleep-in bag, The one in the truck (cheapo) is getting a bit musty. What is it you keep on hand? I need a good cold weather type, case things go bad on me.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now I got the Coleman Big Game OF Synthetic Rectangular bag, rated down to about 5 below. Inside that I put the Coleman Max mummy bag, rated at 20 above. Inside that I have a fleece liner. I get by fine because I know the key to staying warm is keepin insulation between you and the ground. This set up is too big to just carry around all the time in the truck, but if I were you I would look into the US Military MSS. A four part modular sleep system that is rated down to about 30 below and you can just throw in the truck. Might have to save up a little but the investment would be worth it and it should last forever. My son is up in Wyoming and has one and he swears by it. I would get one, but I'm a notorious tight wad.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now I got the Coleman Big Game OF Synthetic Rectangular bag, rated down to about 5 below. Inside that I put the Coleman Max mummy bag, rated at 20 above. Inside that I have a fleece liner. I get by fine because I know the key to staying warm is keepin insulation between you and the ground. This set up is too big to just carry around all the time in the truck, but if I were you I would look into the US Military MSS. A four part modular sleep system that is rated down to about 30 below and you can just throw in the truck. Might have to save up a little but the investment would be worth it and it should last forever. My son is up in Wyoming and has one and he swears by it. I would get one, but I'm a notorious tight wad.
Thanks for the tip Rginn! My skin is getting thinner as time goes by these days. Not like I was back 35 years ago living in Leadville. I'm beginning to understand why so many Canucks make their way to Arizona each winter. If you don't mind me asking? Whats your son do up in Wyo? I know a lot of strong young fella's are making some good money up that way in the oil, gas & coal jobs up there. You at tight wad, Hell! You's more like a wise wad. I'm a trift store hunter. I know the vaule of a dollar and how to get the most of it. Funny I stopped by a thift store in Broomfield, just yesterday and picked up a pair of older aluminum frame Tubbs shoes for $16 and some change. I'll go get em out of the truck and post a pic on garage sale finds. I like em and I'm so happy with the score. They need a little repair on the webbing, but still build like a brick $h_t house.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions