Grilled salmon for dinner last night

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thawed out a salmon fillet that I caught in Bodega Bay last July. I smothered it in pepper, garlic powder, lime and lemon slices, real butter, onions and fresh cilantro. Then I baked a loaf of homemade French bread for garlic toast and had dinner at a son and dil's house. Good stuff! Didn't get any grill pics but my son took a pic of my plate. He hasn't sent it to me yet. Almost forgot, had homemade tartar sauce with it to top it off. :)

Attachments

• bread.jpg
    bread.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 68
  • salmon3.jpg
    salmon3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 85
  • salmon4.jpg
    salmon4.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey packerbacker!! Good Looking Grub!! Now if you only had a bottle of that Grape Juice they make down in Napa Valley you would be in High Cotton!! HAPPY NEW YEAR and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not even like sea food and that looks fantastic.. nice job :)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bodega Bay, man you live up in some cool country. My girlfriend who is now my wife of 27 yrs. would go camping up that way when I lived in fair Oaks CA up by Sac. Have you gone abalone driving? Man I sure would like sit around a campfire munching some of those again someday. Hell of a good looking salmon and one of my favorites.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah tamrock....there are a lot of abalone eaten in these parts. My knees are somewhat messed up now which makes it hard for me to power down over the buoyancy of my wetsuit. Say nothing about how my wetsuit has shrunk over the last couple years. :)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah tamrock....there are a lot of abalone eaten in these parts. My knees are somewhat messed up now which makes it hard for me to power down over the buoyancy of my wetsuit. Say nothing about how my wetsuit has shrunk over the last couple years. :)
I'm getting to know that feeling. You can always get the youth to catchem and you cookem. I'm sure that would work out alright. There was a beach up that way you could camp for free back when I'd lived in California. There'd be a bunch of hippie's around asking for money as they said it would go to fight at keeping that beach open to the public for free, "Yeah! sure they would", but I always gave a couple bucks when they were around, cause I so admired their tenacity and free sprit. I'm sure that's all changed. It was so heavenly to wakeup to the sounds and morning light on the shore of the northern Pacific coast. Heck we'd have a driftwood fueled fire going at night and to this day I can't think of a more memorable campout under the stars then a place like that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most beaches now don't permit any fires. Some have even stopped legal fireworks shows over the water due to "pollution". Pretty soon you won't be able to enter or float upon the water.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mouth watering stuff right there, I bet it even tasted better then it looked.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread