Blizzard & Windchill Warning

Follows Camp Craig

Dec 1, 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Team Keene Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first image looks like a scene from "The Shining".
I just can't fathom snow of that degree, I saw my first snowflake at age 21 while in the Army.
My compadres thought I had lost my mind, "Oh, the intricate design of a single flake"

Then these guys proceed to rock my world, talking about snow forts, Ice fishing and snow machines. Whaaah?

Ha ha, it was 17 degrees in North Cackalacky just yesterday, although it was clear and cold, I did manage to fish out the gallon sprayer out of the garage just about midnight.
Miraculously, my brother in law had trouble with his car. Damn thing was covered in a 1/8 inch coating of ice.
Huh, imagine that.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first image looks like a scene from "The Shining".
I just can't fathom snow of that degree, I saw my first snowflake at age 21 while in the Army.
My compadres thought I had lost my mind, "Oh, the intricate design of a single flake"

Then these guys proceed to rock my world, talking about snow forts, Ice fishing and snow machines. Whaaah?
Hi FCC, "HONEY!!...I'M HOME!!.. :laughing7:...always liked Ol' Jack's films...a damn good actor.
First snowflake at 21!! (and yes, no two are the same!) ;).....My mother (R.I.P.) told me...it was snowing the day/when I was born!.."a rare/freak snowstorm in spring" :)....Better go now, gotta feed my pet polar bears...hear'em scratch'n at my igloo door! :laughing7::laughing7:

Ha ha, it was 17 degrees in North Cackalacky just yesterday, although it was clear and cold, I did manage to fish out the gallon sprayer out of the garage just about midnight.
Miraculously, my brother in law had trouble with his car. Damn thing was covered in a 1/8 inch coating of ice.
Huh, imagine that.
Hi FCC, "HONEY!!...I'M HOME"!!.. :laughing7:...always liked Ol' Jack's films...a damn good actor.
First snowflake at 21!! (and yes, no two are the same!) ;).....My mother (R.I.P.) told me...it was snowing the day/when I was born!.."a rare/freak snowstorm in spring" :)....Better go now, gotta feed my pet polar bears...hear'em scratch'n at my igloo door! :laughing7::laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOPS!! don't know what the heck happened there!! FCC :dontknow:...:laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's a toss up what's worse-snow piling up to your arse every other day or 60mm of freezing rain to deal with. Clearing a drain yesterday chipped off 6"x 2ft x 2ft area of ice just to find it again at least it won't be a frozen bathtub like it looked like this past week. Sucked to have 1" of ice across the work shop floor to deal with also. You've had your share of snow squalls this winter already! Looking forward to the + temps that are coming these next few days. :)

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a toss up what's worse-snow piling up to your arse every other day or 60mm of freezing rain to deal with. Clearing a drain yesterday chipped off 6"x 2ft x 2ft area of ice just to find it again at least it won't be a frozen bathtub like it looked like this past week. Sucked to have 1" of ice across the work shop floor to deal with also. You've had your share of snow squalls this winter already! Looking forward to the + temps that are coming these next few days. :)
Sounds like you got it worse pj, you must be alot farther east. We got off lucky here. Yes, rain now comin by tonight..3 days above normal...then back to normal. (for now)! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread