Pics from Point Reyes, Ca

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DSC_0930pointreyessmsz.JPG DSC_0883elksmsz.JPG DSC_0960pointreyesvelviasmsz.JPG DSC_1033elksmsz.JPG DSC_1067elkeatingsmsz.JPG DSC_0810smsz.JPG DSC_0184verssmsz.JPG DSC_0278sanandreassmsz.JPG DSC_0256fzsmsz-crop.JPG DSC_0296preyes.JPG I finally got my one week a year vacation so I went to Point Reyes and took some pics, if your reading this I hope your doing well:)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are stunning! Excellent photographs meteor miner.

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That gives me that uncooped up feeling that is needed in the middle of winter. Thanks.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WOW..absolutely gorgeous group of shots. I can see that you've put
a lot of work into honing your skills..it shows!
respect-062.gif~original

The last shot is very good, but I wondered how it might look with
a different crop to it. Ok to share a modified version of it with you?

OP
OP
Alex Burke

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WOW..absolutely gorgeous group of shots. I can see that you've put a lot of work into honing your skills..it shows! The last shot is very good, but I wondered how it might look with a different crop to it. Ok to share a modified version of it with you?
Yes of course Dizzy, you have been very supportive of my very amateur photography and I always appreciate your advice;) I think I read that whole Cambridge website you recommended and learned a lot. Thanks for the compliments.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe you've progressed from "very amateur", to "amateur".
Keep it up and you'll be selling prints before long..:thumbsup:

Here's two different takes on the boat..

DSC0296preyes3.jpg

DSC0296preyes2.jpg

OP
OP
Alex Burke

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe you've progressed from "very amateur", to "amateur".
Keep it up and you'll be selling prints before long..:thumbsup:

Here's two different takes on the boat..

View attachment 932953

View attachment 932959

Yes I think that looks much better, thank you. If I may ask your opinion on another that has been kind of driving me crazy?:) Would you crop this one down DSC_1035elkprsmsz.JPG so it's like this one DSC_1053-cropsmsz.JPG or leave it? I kind of like the sky but dislike all the grass but if I crop it I feel like the Elk aren't the focus of the pic which I obviously want them to be because it puts them in the bottom third. Crop I tried DSC_1035elkprsmsz-crop.JPG Anyone else feel free to chime in too.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I think that looks much better, thank you. If I may ask your opinion on another that has been kind of driving me crazy?:) Would you crop this one down View attachment 933109 so it's like this one View attachment 933113 or leave it? I kind of like the sky but dislike all the grass but if I crop it I feel like the Elk aren't the focus of the pic which I obviously want them to be because it puts them in the bottom third. Crop I tried View attachment 933121 Anyone else feel free to chime in too.
They all look good but I myself like the cropped pic at the bottom. And the rest of your pic's are fantastic.

OP
OP
Alex Burke

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They all look good but I myself like the cropped pic at the bottom. And the rest of your pic's are fantastic.

Thank you so much Back-of-the-boat I appreciate the feedback and the compliments. Here's my Flickr page if you want to check it out, there's a lot of duplicates and poorly edited photo's in there but I am still trying to get a better editing program to edit the decent ones better. I'm also getting a better camera on Tuesday so going forward my night shots will be less "noisy" and I'll be able to do longer exposures, time-lapses and High Dynamic Range photography. I am hoping to put together a new Flickr page and website separate from the me wanting to mine gold in South America page since I've had no takers on that idea:) Here's my current Flickr page if you want to check it out Flickr: Eco-Prospector's Photostream

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All great with perfect light conditions....Thanks for sharing...

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MM, I saved the pic and cropped/processed it to a point where
I was happy with it. You mentioned you wanted the Elk as the
main object, so I cropped in a bit tighter and did some color
work to bring them out more.

DSC_1035elkprsmsz-2.jpg

Your getting a new camera? Which one ??

Last edited:

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy!...some awesome pics MM. Are those elk already shedding their winter coat?

OP
OP
Alex Burke

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you TJE, Old Digger:) Some looked pretty furry I'm not sure, the first time I saw them was right after Christmas so I'm not sure how their coats look other times of year. It's been cold but maybe not as cold as some winters here and of course it's been very dry. Maybe they haven't grown a full coat yet or won't need one... here's a few more pics of them:
DSC_0886-elksmsz.JPG DSC_0866smsz.JPG DSC_0847smsz-crop.JPG DSC_1037smsz.JPG DSC_1095fzsmsz.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread