All Treasure Hunting
Very nice......thanks for sharing..

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice TR, ..and good to see the Muleys and Antelope are looking healthy to make it through the last stretch of winter ;)

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice pics, the last one looks like NE Montana where I am, cold and bleak lol!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are predicting rain/snow all through the weekend for Salt Lake. You using the I-80? Be safe!
Got home at 2:30 today. I hammered down to get ahead of all that incoming storm. Only saw one ship wreck (trucker terms for big rig in the ditch) on the I80 Elk Mountain hill in Wyo. That hill is always icy in the winter. The sun was very bright and the wind was blasting swirling snow over the road most the way. The roads were decent, but I'm glad I'm not on it now. I've been up on Wyo. I80 when they've shut it down and you will see taillights for as far as the eye can see and moving at a crawl for miles. I paid $140.00 for "one night" at a dive motel in Rawlings. I thought for sure I'd be spending the night at a church in Rawlings. The whole town fills up fast when they close that interstate down.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The game in Wyoming do very well most every years. They've got allot of territory to feed on. I like Wyoming as it's so untouched and open. There's allot of hidden beauty in that state and some spring time rains I've seen turn the land a beautiful green as far as you can see. Most folks know Wyoming only by the interstate highways and say they saw nothing on their drive thru the state.

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got home at 2:30 today. I hammered down to get ahead of all that incoming storm. Only saw one ship wreck (trucker terms for big rig in the ditch) on the I80 Elk Mountain hill in Wyo. That hill is always icy in the winter. The sun was very bright and the wind was blasting swirling snow over the road most the way. The roads were decent, but I'm glad I'm not on it now. I've been up on Wyo. I80 when they've shut it down and you will see taillights for as far as the eye can see and moving at a crawl for miles. I paid $140.00 for "one night" at a dive motel in Rawlings. I thought for sure I'd be spending the night at a church in Rawlings. The whole town fills up fast when they close that interstate down.
I hear ya!...been on 2000+ mile drive west to east here in feb. They'd close the highways 'behind me'! ;) still get thru...(3hrs. would take 8 though)..;)...glad to here 'all's good TR. :thumbsup:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a couple good spots to look for artifacts. Thanks for taking the time to share those pictures. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a couple good spots to look for artifacts. Thanks for taking the time to share those pictures. :icon_thumleft:
Indeed Old Digger, If I had the time and it was in the Indian summer late fall weather, I'd a made my way down to the west side low shore line of the Flaming Gorge reservoir I past by this last week and done just that. I will take a rest from driving and do a little artifact hunting from time to time when I've no place to be as I travel. I've ended up miles from were I parked before getting caught up in an intense artifact hunt not knowing how far I walked looking for artifact. I lose all sense of time doing that. I believe if you had a person who suffered from depression and taught them the art of artifact hunting they'd be free of that condition. It works for me.

Attachments

• a flam gorge.jpg
    a flam gorge.jpg
    1,004.8 KB · Views: 74
  • a heads.jpg
    a heads.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, that dive motel in Rawlins; does it have a bar in it where you can bet on the dog races etc.? My buddy and I were snowed in there a while back. We got forced off I-80 on our way to Minnesota. After a few beers it seemed like a 5-star resort. :)

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, that dive motel in Rawlins; does it have a bar in it where you can bet on the dog races etc.? My buddy and I were snowed in there a while back. We got forced off I-80 on our way to Minnesota. After a few beers it seemed like a 5-star resort. :)
No it was worse then what you describe and had a little electric space heater to maybe warm the black molded bathroom up a bit. All the half a$$ okay places were full up and I know with out a doubt tanker trucks of beer were sold that night in Rawlings. To me there's not many towns I like spending the night along I80 in Wyoming. If I do it's either Rock Springs, Evanston or Laramie. Cheyenne's very nice, stayed 2 days once as my tranny went out in Wamsutter and Aamco came and got me, so I stayed till they fix it, but I always bypass Cheyenne taking Hwy 287 from Ft Collins Colo to Laramie. I25 going north and south thru Wyo have some nice towns with places to stay. Things have changed in these Oil and Gas towns since the law has reduced the infestation of Meth Zombies in these boom and bust places and I do feel a bit more at ease these days staying overnight..

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed Old Digger, If I had the time and it was in the Indian summer late fall weather, I'd a made my way down to the west side low shore line of the Flaming Gorge reservoir I past by this last week and done just that. I will take a rest from driving and do a little artifact hunting from time to time when I've no place to be as I travel. I've ended up miles from were I parked before getting caught up in an intense artifact hunt not knowing how far I walked looking for artifact. I lose all sense of time doing that. I believe if you had a person who suffered from depression and taught them the art of artifact hunting they'd be free of that condition. It works for me.

You have some very nice finds there! :thumbsup: You are also absolutely right about getting out and away from any civilization. Getting out there where you are totally alone with nature and the elements and searching for artifacts that were lost or discarded by humans hundreds or thousands of years ago. Despite some aches and pains after a good walk the rewards of the experience are well worth it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions