tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sitting here sending emails for work and I see this little guy just outside the window watching me work. I wonder what's on his mind? Could be he's not happy with the fact the birds took all the dried berries that fell off the Virginia Creepers growing outside the house?. He'll find something good, just needs to keep looking and keep an eye open for the fox & coyote in neighborhood that roam the night looking for him and his pals. I'm sure getting more and more cottontails in the area these last few years.

Attachments

• snow bunny.jpg
    snow bunny.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 66

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of stuff in that pic. You got rabbit meat for dinner, rabbit fur to keep your hands warm, 4 feet for 4 times the luck and a tail for your lady's outfit. :) Either that or you can name him, feed him and send us more pics.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing i see in that pic is a furry friend! :hello:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of stuff in that pic. You got rabbit meat for dinner, rabbit fur to keep your hands warm, 4 feet for 4 times the luck and a tail for your lady's outfit. :) Either that or you can name him, feed him and send us more pics.
Man! as a kid we all had those red, green or blue lucky rabbits foot. Heck I forgot all one could get out of a rabbit.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see all the news about the coyote population increasin on the front range so strange you're seein more cottontails, as I figured the coyotes would take them out. We hunted cottontails a lot back in Oklahoma, but only after the first freeze, and pretty much only through the winter. When spring came we switched to squirrels. There are official seasons now, but they pretty much coincide with how we always hunted.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see all the news about the coyote population increasin on the front range so strange you're seein more cottontails, as I figured the coyotes would take them out. We hunted cottontails a lot back in Oklahoma, but only after the first freeze, and pretty much only through the winter. When spring came we switched to squirrels. There are official seasons now, but they pretty much coincide with how we always hunted.
I've lived here in Boulder county for 25 years now. I like so many have voted to set aside open space lands 20 or so years ago. I think it has created a new type of terrain environment for the wild life. The rabbits have plenty of hiding spots within the housing areas and they increase in numbers from that protection. All these open spaces are connected well to each other by greenways, irrigation ditches and small streams. Its become a weird ecosystem that works well for the wildlife. The coyote feed on anything from mice, pocket goffers, prairie dogs, rabbits and your small cats or dogs. Maybe 5 or 6 years ago a lady videoed a mountain Lyon roaming in the area neighborhood back yards at night. They just come on down Boulder creek or coal creek and enter the open space system here in suburbia. When I let my dog out at 3 am to do his business I see the coyote roaming the streets looking for the bunnies. They have the twilight time all to their self's. The fox do much better hanging close around the housing areas, because the coyote will kill them if they dare hunt in the open spaces. I've found torn up fox several times in the open space. One time I came upon 3 coyote chasing a little fox on the neighborhood streets as I was coming home late in early morning hours. I used my truck to run the coyote away and back to the open space and the little fox got away to live another day. There is no wildlife management around here. It I'm sure is headed to a major problem some day, but try telling the folks here in Boulder county there is a need to kill of some of the over population of critters. They get all uptight over that idea.

Last edited:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not peter cotintail glove's,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread