tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man O' Man was the weather beautiful today in this place. I took a drive thru south central Utah. If any of you ever want to have a nice peaceful getaway this time of the year in this region of Utah IMO is best in the late fall and even in the winter as the motels are empty and cheap, bring food, restaurants are all but closed and very little fast food places. I was hoping for an egg sandwich this morning at a Subway I knew of and it was closed till March. Almost no tourist at all. For you back east take an airline to Las Vegas, rent a car and do the grand tour lope thru the canyon lands. I mostly go in the off season because I don't make motel reservations and all that. I just know this is the best time to do my sales calls in this area. I can see completely why the Fremont people lived in this place for thousands of years. They needed nothing more as this place had all they required. You will see early in the morning the cattle had slept the night before up against the giant rock as the sun bakes them all day and gives them the warmth thru the night. I took a nice huffing hike today and I was sweating and the sun was warming my face. I feel totally renewed. These are just some of my Kodak moments from today.

Attachments

• utah drive 1.jpg
    utah drive 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • utah drive 2.jpg
    utah drive 2.jpg
    1,017.7 KB · Views: 89
  • utah drive 3.jpg
    utah drive 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • utah drive 4.jpg
    utah drive 4.jpg
    846.1 KB · Views: 83

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome photos! :thumbsup: The stone work on whats left of that building looks awesome. It's a shame that no one kept up, or utilized that stone building and rebuilt it.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome photos! :thumbsup: The stone work on whats left of that building looks awesome. It's a shame that no one kept up, or utilized that stone building and rebuilt it.
I had to stick the lens of the camera thru a chain-link fence with barbwire on top, so its protected from stone scavengers and vandals, there's no info as to what the old stone building is, but it to me looks like an old trading post.???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread