tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the weather man says it may be 60 degrees today. The morning sky seems to think the same. First shot of the sunrise is the open space behind me. The knoll you see behind the big cottonwood tree is the county dump. The other is the Flatiron Mountains to the west and the morning light is just touching the tops of the trees. The last is Longs Peak behind the neighborhood holding back the winter storm that's been raging in the high country I got a taste of yesterday going over the divide on I70. God help me, I can't stop using this old Kodak camera.:BangHead:

FYI, some day that dump out behind me to the east will be, if not now? a source of fuel. They do all kind of stuff to keep the methane gas trapped in the knob. I've watched it get higher and higher over the years I've lived here. A Fuel That Doesn?t Go to Waste When I go to the dump next time I'll get a wonderful panoramic shot of the front range with my new camera and take the next shot of my old Kodak being tossed in with all the mountain of trash.:headbang: how's that sound?

Attachments

• feb15 1.jpg
    feb15 1.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 79
  • feb15 2.jpg
    feb15 2.jpg
    737.8 KB · Views: 81
  • feb15 3.jpg
    feb15 3.jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 73

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well nice for today in the high country at least. 36 degrees, sunny, and a break from snow for a couple of days. Lots of wind though, and last night on the way to work several stretches of bad whiteout. I was glad I know that stretch of road real good. Remember in a whiteout, no matter how slow you're going, chances are good there will be somebody on up ahead of you doin 15 mph slower. And maybe one that will just give up and stop in the traffic lane. We had one of those last night. At the bottom of a hill. On a curve. Everybody got a pop quiz on evasive driving skills and we all passed, thank the Lord.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well nice for today in the high country at least. 36 degrees, sunny, and a break from snow for a couple of days. Lots of wind though, and last night on the way to work several stretches of bad whiteout. I was glad I know that stretch of road real good. Remember in a whiteout, no matter how slow you're going, chances are good there will be somebody on up ahead of you doin 15 mph slower. And maybe one that will just give up and stop in the traffic lane. We had one of those last night. At the bottom of a hill. On a curve. Everybody got a pop quiz on evasive driving skills and we all passed, thank the Lord.
Those whiteouts sure do wreak havoc. I just came in from walking my dogs. I noticed the Easter Lilies are coming out about an inch now to find the sky now. I walked by a cattail marsh and herd for the first time this year the singing of some redwing blackbirds. I believe old man winter is moving on with a few more outburst to pile on before he's completely out for the season. I hope the spring runoff goes down slowly for you 'all up there. I don't like those early hot spells melting it all at once sending all the snowpack down and out of the mountains so quickly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread