tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have pasted by this old structure for more then 35 years now and that log straddled across the crumbling rock walls has sat there all those years I've seen it. I wonder to myself when it was first put there? The place I think is an old homestead. How old, I wonder?. I'll bet there is a technique that could date that log and would tell about how old it is. I'll bet RGINN has seen this old structure also and wondered the same thing. It sits on the road between Buena Vista & Salida close to the Hecla Junction turn off.

Attachments

• old building 1.jpg
    old building 1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 102

Jdubya

May 19, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tin cup pass.jpg Used to see that on the way to Wal-Mart from BV, I'm sure you seen this view on the way to St. Elmo

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 952193 Used to see that on the way to Wal-Mart from BV, I'm sure you seen this view on the way to St. Elmo
And that beam was always there, right? ... I left that area for good about the time the new Walmart in Salida opened. I had just purchased a new Garrett detector form an fella over in Ponca Springs. He sold camp trailers also and went by the name Doc Holiday. I never would lock my old 1965 IH scout and had that Garret sitting in the passenger seat of my Scout and went in the new Salida Walmart. When I came back, I found my new Detector gone. Things were tough in around that time as many folks who worked at the Climax mine were running out of, if not already? on their unemployment benefits. Thieving was not much of a problem before the support of the mine jobs. I've not taken a drive up to Saint Elmo for a time now. I may just do that sometime soon, I think folks live up there year round? I would not have guess the location of that photo had you not told me where it is. Thanks! Jdubya

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks like a good place to look.:coffee2:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, another '65 Scout owner!:hello2: What a coincidence! Was it an 800? Do you still have it? Full cab or half? :laughing9:
I had two 64 & 65 both full tops. One was the runner the other was for parts. Neither was an 800, just simple & easy to keep running slow rig 4 bangers. I did take a few 1600 mile round trips with the runner and explored miles of high mountain roads and old ghost towns from the mining booms of the 19th century. It had the Warn overdrive installed and a PTO winch. I sold them along with my 1949 IH 2 ton wood hauler to a fella in Buena Vista, Colorado. I see he still has my old 49 still sitting facing the road in his collection of old IH trucks. The motor froze up in the 49 and I took it out, but never did anything to it after that.

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My home was built in 1832 from square cut logs. Still standin and keepin my butt warm.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup that does look promising

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread