tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an old operation that mined cement and calcite on Monarch pass in Colorado. It May be from the 1950's or so? as I see some translucent corrugated green fiberglass sheets also on it. Didn't fiberglass become popular in the mid 50's?...My thoughts would be to disassemble all this and build a very cool Brew Pub out of it all in a new location. Much of this old rusted corrugated sheet and old heavy timbers would have some nice value as rustic architectural building materials. It's not any kind of historic or romantic gold mining site that should left alone. Why not make something unique out of all this stuff???

Attachments

• moranda mine.jpg
    moranda mine.jpg
    900.5 KB · Views: 78

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pic, first thing I thought of was the Argo gold mine, but pretty sure it was a tourist trap last time I was by it.

Jdubya

May 19, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure is in better shape than the one on the Aspen side of Independence Pass

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't this on the Salida side of the pass? I think I remember seeing this last month when going skiing.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't this on the Salida side of the pass? I think I remember seeing this last month when going skiing.
That's a big 10-4. How was your ski trip?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure is in better shape than the one on the Aspen side of Independence Pass
Not sure I remember that much on the one on independence pass, but I kind of do?. I think two summers ago I decided I will no longer drive into Aspen. The place is an absolute rat trap anymore. Just to much traffic these days. It was 35 years ago a beautiful place to visit and take a tour over the pass from twin lakes and back. I did that allot back then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread