Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another fine night out in the wilderness. Drove down east of Salida and camped at Rincon, along the Arkansas in Bighorn Sheep Canyon. Hiked around checkin out whatever caught my eye. Didn't fish as this section of the river is catch and release, and I ain't that type of guy. Excellent weather, little windy, 60 in the day, and an astonishing 46 degrees at night. Returned to Summit County early this a.m., in the 20's, two inches of new snow with more falling and windy. Looks to be clearin up a little right now though.

Attachments

• 3-10a.jpg
    3-10a.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 3-10c.jpg
    3-10c.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 3-10e.jpg
    3-10e.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 3-10h.jpg
    3-10h.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 3-10l.jpg
    3-10l.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 69

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those cool looking clouds were over the peaks last Monday even on the front range.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love that area and I like your photo post. You go camp in Phantom Canyon outside of Victor if you still can. I camped and detected there in 83'. have you been there ?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We camp at Pueblo some so I know where Victor is but haven't been up there. Lenticular clouds. I usually see them more farther south in the San Luis Valley. They're camoflauge for the mother ship. (haha!)

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Phantom Canyon Rd. is on the map. It comes out on U.S. 50 a mile or so east of Canyon City. Get you a full tank of gas and some snacks and drinks and head up in there. It is unique. I believe that a lot of off road magazines do photo shoots up there because of the unusual geology / sandstone spires and columns. You must go there. Also I believe there are two places in Colorado called Phantom Canyon so if you google it , that may not be the spot I'm referring to. Go see it. I promise it will become on of your favorite all time places to explore. I dont go by Roaddust for nothing !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread