Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was gonna go to Round Hill but that's still snowed in, so headed back east of Salida, CO along the river in Bighorn Sheep Canyon. Hiked around exploring the canyons. Nice day, 60 degrees but windy. Cool last night, 24 degrees, and got woke up by rain drops in my face long about midnight but it didn't amount to much. Took some pics of Mt. Princeton and Antero on the way back, where I returned to this mess in Lake and Summit Counties. Welcome to Colorado, springbreakers! Thank you so much for payin for my little truck which DOES get me up and over the passes in all weather!

Attachments

• 3-17a.jpg
    3-17a.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 64
  • 3-17e.jpg
    3-17e.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 71
  • 3-17f.jpg
    3-17f.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 3-17i.jpg
    3-17i.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 3-17j.jpg
    3-17j.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have some of the most beautiful scenery! How could you not be inspired to be outdoors there?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Won't be long now. Enjoy the early spring, before the front range exodus begins.:clock:

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, pb, I just finished up for the 'winter', as by the calendar it is now officially 'spring'. Quite a bit of winter still left up here though. And that front range exodus is exactly why I have my days off on Monday and Tuesday! I'm headin out when they're goin home.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, Is that placer claim marker around the Arkansas?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's at Rincon east of Swissvale along the river. This marker is on the south side but I believe the claim extends across the river to the north side, which is called Point Barr. As far as I know it's active, although it doesn't appear much is goin on. I believe it was on TN I saw some posts from guys who were doin a little prospectin and got ran off by the claimant. This marker is in a spot you would really have no reason to be wanderin around in, but I found it. It had fallen over so I put it back upright and made the base a little stronger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread