• image-3819724721.jpg
    image-3819724721.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holy crapola

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding! Thanks for sharing...

The ferry is being upgraded for the Navy or else I would have shown the bridge and other awesome items. Only that picture and info was sanctioned

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's sweet. Who builds those engines?

I guess it be safe to say that a boat engine hasn't much of a chance at over revving as this cat mining haul truck engine went thru after it got away on a steep decline and the operator was able to slow it down by dropping it in to a very low gear. It just was built for high rpm.

Attachments

• haul truck engine.jpg
    haul truck engine.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That's sweet. Who builds those engines? I guess it be safe to say that a boat engine hasn't much of a chance at over revving as this cat mining haul truck engine went thru after it got away on a steep decline and the operator was able to slow it down by dropping it in to a very low gear. It just was built for high rpm.

Detroit diesel I believe now owns MTU despite MTU being a German company. It's amazing a US company acquired a foreign company!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Detroit diesel I believe now owns MTU despite MTU being a German company. It's amazing a US company acquired a foreign company!

The politicians won't stand for that! Policy is crush American company's and let foreign interests always win...

sent from a potato...

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the past the dominate underground mine mobile equipment were all powered by Deutz of Germany. I took care of a Deutz engine rebuilt & exchange program for the equipment we sold back in the 1990s. Biggest Deutz we had in stock was a V10 air cooled. These days Caterpillar has ran away with the market for mine engines and many older units have had the Deutz engines pulled out and repowered with the new Cat engines, as they better meet the strict underground diesel engine emissions required for underground use. Cat | Underground - Hard Rock | Caterpillar ... I found this YouTube's where fella picked up an old V10 Deutz engine and put it in their old Ford tractor. I believe one could pick up these old air cooled Deutz engines pretty cheap these days because MSHA has band the use of them underground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread