tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove thru Pikin county Colorado today. Things have been warming up some from the last time I made a visit over this way. I stopped in Marble Colo. and looked over some of the stone sculptures. Saw a waterfall and the old coke ovens by Redstone Colo. It's getting to be springtime in the Rockie.

Say, RGINN please tell Lisa at the Hot-Dog joint across from the Moose Jaw that Tamrock is good to get back on that free hotdog she gave me. They don't take credit cards and I spent all the cash I had, so Lisa said it was on her till I come by again.

Attachments

• pitkin 1.jpg
    pitkin 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • pitkin 2.jpg
    pitkin 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • pitkin 3.jpg
    pitkin 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
  • pitkin 4.jpg
    pitkin 4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 73

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Is Marble on the banks of a river that flooded the town several yrs ago? If so, the last time I drove by it, there was a HUGE slab of marble the flood had picked up & moved 1/4 mile down river. It was an amazing thing to see how much power thae flood had to move something several tons so far. Pretty impressive.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure on that flood? About how long ago was it? ... I remember that valley had a flood maybe 3 years ago. A freak storm came thru. I was in La Sal Utah when the storm went by me and it was lots of rain and high winds. I drove over this route to Marble and the storm came down this valley and they had loaders cleaning the road up of some big rocks as a torrent did wash all kind of rock an debris on the highway. Thanks the waterfall is known as Hays falls.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
This flood had to be at least 40 yrs ago. When I was there, they had an historical marker telling about the flood. & that was 20 yrs ago.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shots TR. Been a long winter season here too.

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am torn, tamrock. If they're passin out free hot dogs yeah buddy I'm there. Then again, this could be like the old joke and you told her I was comin by to pay for it! haha!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am torn, tamrock. If they're passin out free hot dogs yeah buddy I'm there. Then again, this could be like the old joke and you told her I was comin by to pay for it! haha!
I was was thinking maybe as one TN Bro. to the other I'd be covered on my short comings in the territory of the other :)??... I'm good on the debt now. As Wimpy would always say on the old Popeye cartoons, after he panhandled for hamburgers, I'll gladly pay you back on Tuesday! I did make good this last Tuesday on that chili-dog. I bought one and them charged for two. The lady wasn't there and the guy working didn't seem to think I was making up the fact I wanted to buy one dog for the price of two. Had a nice chat with the kind lady. She had a place in Copper and had some of the old rummy's from Leadville working at that place I knew from way back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions