2014-04-24 13.09.14.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 114

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice TJE. I had the honor of watching a mother and here young ones last year, behind the house, on my trail cam. Had it set up about 10 ft from the den, got hundreds of awesome pics, even some of her bringing dinner back home!!! Thanks for sharing

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pics! In the past few years, I have seen a few foxes. Makes me wonder if their population is on the rise or whether it's just encroachment on their world that forces them into ours.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great picture, cant wait to see more,
Are you feeding that little lady?. I know the look on the face of a fox buddy. We had em in the mine. They would even go underground and look for leftovers in the trash cans. I had foxes here move in the neighborhood area, cus the coyote run em out of the open space. They'll lay down low and wait on the baby bunnies to come out and screw up. Heck! you can get domesticated fox as pets now. Ain't they cute??

Attachments

• Domesticated fox cubs.jpg
    Domesticated fox cubs.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 9,955
OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, cute pic TR..of kits (or do they call'em pupkits)? ;) No food, she just shows up. Last few years,she lets her young sit/wrestle.. and watch us work from 15 yards away...dens in back of quarry.
Obviously a good/wise mother....coyotes haven't got her yet! ;)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, cute pic TR..of kits (or do they call'em pupkits)? ;) No food, she just shows up. Last few years,she lets her young sit/wrestle.. and watch us work from 15 yards away...dens in back of quarry.
Obviously a good/wise mother....coyotes haven't got her yet! ;)
Keep an eye on her. Them coyote, don't play fair and gang up on fox. I was sad to find what was left of one in the field last fall those buggers finally got. Looks like that rock you quarry is like one big slab you cut in sections?

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics! In the past few years, I have seen a few foxes. Makes me wonder if their population is on the rise or whether it's just encroachment on their world that forces them into ours.
I'd say your correct on both assumptions Old Dude! ;)

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice TJE. I had the honor of watching a mother and here young ones last year, behind the house, on my trail cam. Had it set up about 10 ft from the den, got hundreds of awesome pics, even some of her bringing dinner back home!!! Thanks for sharing
Hey C1841, I agree...can't beat the 'raw / real life' of mother nature as it takes it's course. Happy and sad times...that's how she works! ;)

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such wonderful animals..always best to let the wildlife remain wild..

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep an eye on her. Them coyote, don't play fair and gang up on fox. I was sad to find what was left of one in the field last fall those buggers finally got. Looks like that rock you quarry is like one big slab you cut in sections?

Yep TR, and neither do the wolves, and the bears (hungry, just out of hibernation). Momma fox has done good so far.
Quarry stone is layer after layer...but they always change (just when you think you've got them figured out!) ha!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such wonderful animals..always best to let the wildlife remain wild..

Totally agree squiggy! Zoo's depress me! (never been to one since a child!)

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it is kind of nice to have a little company around to not make the day too boring. She probably keeps the mice population down in the mean time.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it is kind of nice to have a little company around to not make the day too boring. She probably keeps the mice population down in the mean time.
Hey old digger :) you know it too! :thumbsup:

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know TJE..they are terrible..same for circus

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some really great pictures TJE....she looks unafraid or probably watchful of what's around. We have grey foxes here, with a tiny bit of red...but no pretty red ones like yours...keep up the wonderful camera work....makes us happy!:icon_flower:

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some really great pictures TJE....she looks unafraid or probably watchful of what's around. We have grey foxes here, with a tiny bit of red...but no pretty red ones like yours...keep up the wonderful camera work....makes us happy!:icon_flower:
Hey CK, yes the greys/silver/red and 'cross foxes' here are all beauties!
I'd say your right...alot of outdoor workers for miles around. (she's getting a little 'help/snacks') elsewhere...yet she dens here (where I stress), "Don't feed the wild animals"..because the sad part is, they very often lose their life later because of it (trusting 'all' humans).

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....you're right about "feeding" the wild life...not safe for them......or us! I must confess though, we do feed the squirrels...but only if they can "catch" the peanuts, which they do! It's pretty funny to see these little hands outstretched, fingers wiggling. But we do pay for it.....they get to where they follow you, startling sometimes!

I might add here, if you recall the blue jay "catcher" bird I posted, he learned to catch the peanuts from watching the squirrels....smart bird!

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....you're right about "feeding" the wild life...not safe for them......or us! I must confess though, we do feed the squirrels...but only if they can "catch" the peanuts, which they do! It's pretty funny to see these little hands outstretched, fingers wiggling. But we do pay for it.....they get to where they follow you, startling sometimes!

I might add here, if you recall the blue jay "catcher" bird I posted, he learned to catch the peanuts from watching the squirrels....smart bird!
Hi CK. Forgot to state, I meant feeding wild "carnivores or big game animals" ...I believe birds and rodents we feed "help" (as in helping feed their predators. Not fun to think about (but that's how our momma nature works!) :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread