Early Morning Visitors painting

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
I painted this painting about 25 years ago. I sold this original and over the years my eye sight got really bad and painting pictures become a thing of the past Here lately I have tried to borrow these originals and have them professionalt scanned so I can have a print made. I got a hold of the lady who owns this one and she offered to let me have it back for my family. She said I could just have it for free. I finally got her to take what she had paid for it and I would give her a print of any print that I have. I was really happy to get it back. I hide things in paintings and this one has my 3 kids names hid in it. This lady never knew the names were hid in the painting, and still doesnt. I have posted my art on here before and some seemed to enjoy seeing it. I dont know if those people still are on here or not. The blow up of my kids names looks pretty crapy,but still there 25 years later. Thanks for looking.
Van

Attachments

• DSC06580 emv1 rework in frame.jpg
    DSC06580 emv1 rework in frame.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC06582 enitial.jpg
    DSC06582 enitial.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice work,you are really good.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a wonderful painting. You so do capture the beauty of those magical winters in Iowa. I can just feel that brisk air breeze and hear the peeping sound of those two Chickadee's. Reminds me of a day by myself hunting Pheasants on my uncle's farm outside of Stuart Iowa. My mother would love your painting. My name was given to me due to her love of the work by the artist Grant Wood as she thinks Iowa painters are all the best. I would sure like to get her a print of your painting. She painted in the past, but doesn't anymore because she's up there looking at 90 this year, but she still can hammer out music on her organ for all the folks in the the place she lives now. I like the paintings by the Iowa artist Maynard Reece, because it takes my mind back to those days hunting or just exploring in the Iowa countryside. Did you study art somewhere? Thanks! Van, that was nice of you to show us. Your very good.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
tamrock thanks for your kind words its appreciated. Grant Wood was an artist that was my idol growing up. I still really like his work today. The local art museum has a large collection of his originals. Growing up I painted mostly old barns and later started puting wildlife in each painting. Maynard Reese is one of the best wildlife artist around,winning the federal duck stamp 5 times.. Iowa does have some really great artist and your Mom is correct on thinking that. If you want to see more of my art here is a slide show that I put togather.
ED

The Wildlife Art Of Iowa Artist Ed King | Roxio PhotoShow

Last edited:

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have done many good ones thank you for sharing,sir

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions