tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just one area of the archaeological sites found along the highway that runs south out of Rangley Colorado. There are 16 various sites in the area along the way of two roads that run NS in NW Colorado. I read that the rock art found in this area was by the Fremont culture and later the Ute tribes from a span of 1200 A.D. to 1881 A.D. I went down a path that I'll bet has been used for over 800 years. I was greeted by a spirit from a hole in the form of a lizard and was allowed to go on my way thru.

Attachments

• E 4 mile 1.jpg
    E 4 mile 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • E 4 mile 2.jpg
    E 4 mile 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • E 4 mile 3.jpg
    E 4 mile 3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • E 4 mile 4.jpg
    E 4 mile 4.jpg
    965.5 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking I need to get out and explore this part of the state!
I'm thinking you should also. This area is beautiful starting now till fall. It isn't as crowded as many tourist places like 4 corners, Lake Powell and Moab and now is a great time to explore the region. The fall is also a very wonderful time to go and see the ancient areas and dinosaur national monument. So many folks in Colorado just never think of going up to the north west part of the state and their missing some wonderful things to see.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful & super pictures tamrock! Wonderful looking area, awesome wall paintings and love that lizard. Got any of the Dino Nat. M. ? This is like Nat. Geo...lol

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful & super pictures tamrock! Wonderful looking area, awesome wall paintings and love that lizard. Got any of the Dino Nat. M. ? This is like Nat. Geo...lol
Thanks! Cat, I didn't have time to visit the Dino park and most of what I stop and take a pic of is just off a main road or a back road I need to take to a place I'm headed for work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread