tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm back in my home state now and staying at the Delaware Hotel in Leadville, Colo. In the 70's I lived at this old hotel and it's been fixed up a allot from those days. The rate ain't bad either, as this single room was less then $60.00 for just me. Other photos are around Ouray, Colo and I saw a rainbow coming in to Buena Vista, Colo. It was very close to RGINN's Ruby Mountain camp ground. I wonder if he left it there :)

Attachments

• colo may 1.jpg
    colo may 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 82
  • colo may 2.jpg
    colo may 2.jpg
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 76
  • colo may 3.jpg
    colo may 3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
  • colo may 4.jpg
    colo may 4.jpg
    652.9 KB · Views: 68
  • colo may 5.jpg
    colo may 5.jpg
    858.1 KB · Views: 73
  • colo may 6.jpg
    colo may 6.jpg
    822 KB · Views: 70

OhioPlugger

May 19, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm jealous! In this particular part of my state we don't have awesome scenery like that, mostly just boring, flat land. Sweet pictures!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen it rainin' fire in the sky

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, it just might be a ton more beautiful than Texas...
What are you seeing? I lived in San Antonio and I saw beautiful women everywhere in that town. Get down to the river-walk and post us some photos. Just use your phone camera or what ever you got for a camera. I'd love to see it again.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm jealous! In this particular part of my state we don't have awesome scenery like that, mostly just boring, flat land. Sweet pictures!
I thought that about Iowa when I lived there. I go to see my mom these days and wonder why I never took note of some of the beautiful scenery back there then. I'll bet if you look at things in a new way you'll see some beauty in the land. Please share it with us when it becomes clear to you.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas has some great scenery. Since I live in the mountains it may sound strange but I really like the Llano Estacado. I spent the first 50 years of my life in western Oklahoma I still get a little homesick for the plains, where at least you can see what's comin for a long ways off. Too hot and dry for me these days, but not bad if you know where the waterholes are. I don't know about Ohio. Snow in the forecast for us here in Summit County tonight.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out high country just in time I see. Cooler and cloudy here on the front range now. Nice breeze blowing through the house with the windows open.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We were over that way this weekend. Here is a shot of Mt Princeton from Wilkerson Pass, looking out over South Park. 100_3306.JPG

We also saw some mountain blue birds from Wilkerson Pass. Mtn Bluebirds cropped.jpg

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas has some great scenery. Since I live in the mountains it may sound strange but I really like the Llano Estacado. I spent the first 50 years of my life in western Oklahoma I still get a little homesick for the plains, where at least you can see what's comin for a long ways off. Too hot and dry for me these days, but not bad if you know where the waterholes are. I don't know about Ohio. Snow in the forecast for us here in Summit County tonight.
I like that hill country also. I had the Texas territory with a previous company I worked for and I only wished I carried a camera in those days. I recall many wonderful sites. Some of those sun rises and sun sets are just marvelous.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
While planned, I did not get to do any this past weekend. I was going to stop and sluice a few hours on the Arkansas above Buena Vista but the weather was threatening to close Ute Pass on Highway 24 back into Colorado Springs. The Waldo Canyon Fire, 2 years ago has made that a flash flood area. When they close the pass, you have to go way out of the way to get back to Colorado Springs; either south via Cañon City and Pueblo or through Denver. Neither a good alternative....

Jdubya

May 19, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures Tamrock, wish I was back there about now. It's already in the mid 90s here in FL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread