tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For years these balloonist have flown over my house on the weekend mornings. The sound of those huge gas torches they use gets the dogs in the neighborhood going nuts. They've even at times have come just feet from clipping the roof of my house. Some day I'll maybe pay to take a ride in one. I'm sure you'd get some beautiful shots of the Rockies from up there. I keep thinking if I ever do, it'll be the time one gets snagged in the power-lines. I just don't think that be very fun.

Attachments

• baloons 1.jpg
    baloons 1.jpg
    728 KB · Views: 132
  • baloons 2.jpg
    baloons 2.jpg
    804.9 KB · Views: 134

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We took a ride in one once but it was tethered so we only went up a few hundred feet. They are noisy when they give it more gas but I can see where folks could enjoy a long ride over the countryside.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Tamrock,

I have always imagined what it would be riding one of those balloons. It may seem strange to some, but I have never seen one, only in pictures, and on film.

Homar

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Tamrock,

I have always imagined what it would be riding one of those balloons. It may seem strange to some, but I have never seen one, only in pictures, and on film.

Homar
Well come on up here. Maybe we can give it a try and die together???

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you talkin bout Willis? :icon_pale:
I'll go up if you'll go up with me. Who knows maybe I'll head over and pay the man to take me up one day. I once saw one land on a windy morning in the field and that didn't look all that enjoyable to me. That basket was being dragged along the ground for a few yards over the ruff surface littered with prairie dog mounds. I thought it was going to tip over and throw all the riders out.

Last edited:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll never forget the noise coming from the swamps...strange, strange, strange. Talk about a stampede across the pasture, I thought the cattle were going to tear down fences due to the strange object, even the guineas went crazy. I rode out to the middle of the pasture to flag them to get the heck out of here.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll go up if you'll go up with me. Who knows maybe I'll head over and pay the man to take me up one day. I once saw one land on a windy morning in the field and that didn't look all that enjoyable to me. That basket was being dragged along the ground for a few yards over the ruff surface littered with prairie dog mounds. I thought it was going to tip over and throw all the riders out.

That sounds like fun Tamrock, maybe we will make the news with a nasty landing.:laughing7: I don't know when I'll ever make it over there, could be some years from now, but I will keep it in mind. I already put it on my bucket list.

Homar

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread