tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is from the past week. This small range is known as Buffalo Peaks. It was formed by an ash flow from millions of years ago The flow I've read filled a valley that the sides have long eroded away. In the past I've explored this mountain range extensively and climbed the peaks many times. Traces of gold I did find in the small creeks that flow from it. I have a belief there is an ancient river buried below and sealed under that ash flow. Long ago on the southern end up in a valley within this range, I drove my old 1965 IH scout as far as I could and hiked a trail that ended at a ghost town I have never found listed on any map or referenced in any books. I remember I busted a front leaf spring on that old Scout when I went up in there with it. I have never found any historic records of this old crumbling settlement of log cabins I saw up there. It may have been an outfitters camp from the later 19th century?. I've not been back in this mountain range in 30 plus years now. Age will send you to just wonder about the things you saw long ago. Funny how that is. Maybe I'll get the gumption and head back up with my MD to that old place someday?

Attachments

• south park buffalo.jpg
    south park buffalo.jpg
    662.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like this one better:

movies_south_park_1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread