curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...the squirrels are really out now & begging for nuts...so we get followed a lot...plus they're walking on 2 legs now...:O lol

RSCN1839.JPG FSCN2235.JPG RSCN2234.JPG

RSCN2237.JPG DSCN1734.JPG

DSCN2093.JPG DSCN1848.JPG ......these are squirrel house/rest places...nests?

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, yeah, I like squirrels, I have some around who expect their morning ration of peanuts and old bread. Funny pictures - although it's a little intimidating when things that are supposed to be four-legged start following you around on two legs!

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT....so nice of you to share your snacks with the local squirrels.

Meadow...they do get to "expect" their treats and it is a little disturbing to be followed...don't know that I want to sit on the ground when "they" are near.:eek: lol

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute pics! Don't want to jump your thread but I think you'll like the story. A few years back I was driving in town and noticed a suirrel on the side of the road that had been hit by a car but was still moving a little. Wasn't bleeding but unconcious. (I'll try to make this short) I put it in the trunk and took it home. Ended up putting it in a tall waste basket in the bathroom, put a little water in it and covered it with a towel. A while later I went in and took a shower. I put on my robe and decided to check on the little guy. As I slowly lifted the towel to take a peek, that squirrel launched out of that basket like a rocket. It hit me in the chest, ricocheted off me to the shower curtain, off the curtain to a wicker shelf and then who knows where. Everytime it bounced off me I guess I let out a little scream. I finally made it out of there and slammed the door behind me. My wife was hollerin' at me wondering what was wrong. When I told her, she started laughing uncontrollably and said I sounded like a little girl screaming in there. Managed to eventually catch him with a fishing net and let him go where I found him. Reminded me of the old song, "Mississippi Squirrel Revival". :)

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks vpnavy :)

packerbacker.....:sign10:...that was funny! Thanks for sharing it, love it when others have something to add to my posts! Now...wish you had pic's & audio of that one.

ps...what are you packing...is that a fish in your avatar?

Last edited:

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute pics! Don't want to jump your thread but I think you'll like the story. A few years back I was driving in town and noticed a suirrel on the side of the road that had been hit by a car but was still moving a little. Wasn't bleeding but unconcious. (I'll try to make this short) I put it in the trunk and took it home. Ended up putting it in a tall waste basket in the bathroom, put a little water in it and covered it with a towel. A while later I went in and took a shower. I put on my robe and decided to check on the little guy. As I slowly lifted the towel to take a peek, that squirrel launched out of that basket like a rocket. It hit me in the chest, ricocheted off me to the shower curtain, off the curtain to a wicker shelf and then who knows where. Everytime it bounced off me I guess I let out a little scream. I finally made it out of there and slammed the door behind me. My wife was hollerin' at me wondering what was wrong. When I told her, she started laughing uncontrollably and said I sounded like a little girl screaming in there. Managed to eventually catch him with a fishing net and let him go where I found him. Reminded me of the old song, "Mississippi Squirrel Revival". :)
Ha ha ha!!! PB, had me in stitches :{) Thanks for the "flashback"...Watched a buddy (mouse and waste basket)...mister 'fearless big game hunter' ended up on his a$$ against the wall! hahaha!! awesome ;)

Last edited:

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, Nice CK, squirrels always seem to crack me up with their postures!! :laughing7:

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This brutal winter my wife and I kept a host of squirrels alive by feeding them from our bedroom deck. Got so they would scratch at the window in the mornings - even with our 5 cats on the inside watching!. There was even a few babies ( man are they fast!)

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You realize that they are used to you and even depend on you. They will take food from your hands or search a shirt pocket for their peanuts. I.m still feeding them too. They are just too cute and are God's creatures. Glad you enjoy them. You're a good woman...

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TJE...you got me laughing all over again picturing your friend & the mouse...thanks! :laughing7:

relicmeister.....Yeah, I understand what you said about how they come begging & even with cats around...this is what happened once, mama cat treed 3 in a tiny itty bitty tree, poor squirrels...but no one got hurt thankfully! DSCN0152 (640x480).jpg DSCN0155 (640x480).jpg

Thanks Austin...& so nice of you to help them.:icon_thumleft:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kat, that's a 100lb halibut I caught on one of my trips to Homer Alaska. Hope to go again next summer. This year we are spending about a week fishing out of Ft Bragg, CA on my son's boat if the weather cooperates.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a BIG :fish:.....hope you have as much luck when you go again! I've been by Ft. Bragg a few time on the way up PCH when I was living in CA, always a nice drive going up the coast, miss it. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions