Odd Photo/Avatar....CK :)

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured out how find/get this photo back on pc CK. Here it is ...It amazed me too after I downloaded it....it was suppose to be just a pic of a plane going past the sun (heading east, descending to land at the Toronto airport overtop of the quarry about 10 years ago). So, 10 or more years later...I'm still asking (zoom in)....any idea anybody ??? :dontknow: :laughing7:

Attachments

• 1085 (1).jpg
    1085 (1).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's quite a unique photograph. It kind of looks like an explosion just outside our upper atmosphere.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy TJE,

Sure looks like an asteroid impacting our sun, if that is even possible, or maybe a comet. If so, that picture can be worth a small fortune. :dontknow:

Homar

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to thinking, it looks like an asteroid exploding right after entering our atmosphere. Looks like you snapped the picture at the most opportune time.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Hey...yippie :hello2: you found it TJE...almost gave up on maybe seeing it up close! That is pretty amazing...the red disk looks so perfectly formed. Here's something for you TJE....I took this yesterday evening and it made me think you & your picture... RSCN3479.JPG ...but I know what this is...it's called a "sundog", looks like a rainbow spot or bruise. You can google pictures of it, mine isn't a real good one, as it was fading by the time I got the picture. But I'm so happy you found it & posted...still not sure what it is...but it's super cool! :wav:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm stumped. What kind of wild cosmic event did you witness?? :dontknow:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo_picture.gif
Great photograph of the jet stream and reflection off the face of the camera lense? Thanks for sharing...

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo_picture.gif
Great photograph of the jet stream and reflection off the face of the camera lense? Thanks for sharing...
Thanks vp, but the camera lens reflection doesn't make sense. If you look close, the "suns rays" are "infront of the orange object" :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey CK, nice 'dog' pic :) neat phenomenons! ;)
Yeah, I have given up trying to explain what I didn't see when taking the photo.:dontknow:

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to thinking, it looks like an asteroid exploding right after entering our atmosphere. Looks like you snapped the picture at the most opportune time.
I've no idea old digger...looks like the suns energy is pushed directly/perfectly out its otherside from orange object.??? :dontknow:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the orange halo is caused by the asteroids' contact with our atmosphere, followed by the asteroid exploding. And therefore you can see the pieces of the exploded asteroid falling. As I said, you have a very unique photo where it appears to show all from entry-explosion-and fallout.
Awesome photo! :thumbsup:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK TJE...it's time to contact NASA...it's just so ":dontknow:"....I even went out & tried to take a pic like you did of the sun and got nothing like yours. Do you remember the date it was taken, could always check to see if there were any reports of meteors or comets maybe? You could makes "prints" & sell'em...:thumbsup:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't try to explain it but cool shot. When I was growin up that sundog meant it would rain within a day and that was always right where I lived. I suppose this means the volcano will erupt and the aliens will land in the next 24 hours!

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's Luke! He just destroyed the Death Star! ...The vapor trail is Luke escaping the blast.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK TJE...it's time to contact NASA...it's just so ":dontknow:"....I even went out & tried to take a pic like you did of the sun and got nothing like yours. Do you remember the date it was taken, could always check to see if there were any reports of meteors or comets maybe? You could makes "prints" & sell'em...:thumbsup:
NASA...CK, hope it's not the.. 'N'ever 'A' 'S'traight 'A'nswer folks! HAAA! :) Pic date I would be guessing...no matter, I'm thinking. Just another earths/space mystery. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't try to explain it but cool shot. When I was growin up that sundog meant it would rain within a day and that was always right where I lived. I suppose this means the volcano will erupt and the aliens will land in the next 24 hours!
Don't get me started on those little buggers RGINN! ;)

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...."never a straight answer"...peep's....that's funny TJE & t--- :-X lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread