curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....my mom sent me this picture of her older brother (Elmo) who was a paratrooper with the 82 airborne division, he was getting ready to jump out when a reporter took this picture. I wanted to post it in honor of all the guys who gave & give their service to our country.

ImageProxy.jpg

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i can almost hear what he is thinking in this picture kat.looks like a brave one there.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been pondering D-Day all day. Saw a description that I do not remember seeing before... "The day we saved the world"

Like many understand and many do not, freedom is not free.

Many thanks to those that served and those that gave all.

Semper Fi

RJGMC
HI BOB!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Did your mom tell you that most of the 82nd missed their drop zones and landed up to 5 miles away? Many even came down in the town of Sainte- Mere- Eglise and were shot by the germans as they floated down. Somewhere in that line was my father, although he could have been on another plane. I'm 65 now and I still remember him and his buddies getting together every few years to talk about it. Caused me to get a B.A., M.A. in History and eventually teach college. We owe our freedom to guys like Elmo...

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have so many heroes to thank.

Molon Labe

Feb 4, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God Bless him and the other troops

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone...yes, we honor all who fought & protected our Freedom, in all wars.

austin...God bless your dad, so glad he came back, wonder if they could have known each other? Yes, I heard some about it being very scary. My mom said her brother, who was much older than her but was only 17 when he joined, didn't like to talk about it. He was shot & bayoneted when he got down & actually man handled by the German troops.
That is so wonderful austin that you made something good out of something so bad, but something so necessary for our freedom.....

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very thoughtful & considerate......Thanks for posting CK..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread