curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this nest high up in a cottonwood and am not sure what the bird is. Haven't seen it fly out of the nest yet. It seems to have a little yellowish color under the bill and lighter color around eyes I think. Any one know? Thanks :)

DSCN4171.JPG DSCN4173.JPG DSCN4175.JPG

FSCN4181.JPG RSCN4087.JPG RSCN4090.JPG

Sorry so many in same position, she wouldn't move...lol

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think we have'em up here CK, but from the shape of her beak she looks like an insect/worm lover! :) Nice pics!

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny Frank:thumbsup:

Don....yes need to see it outside of the nest but haven't been able to yet, every time I check....she's just sitting there...beginning to think it's a trick or something.:laughing7:

TJE...Great observation on the beak.:icon_thumleft:...thinK you're right about it being some kind of "insect/worm" eater...haven't seen it at the feeder at all! I've noticed that it has larger eyes than a lot of the birds....maybe it's a "big eyed Whatsit"....:wink:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my thoughts, but it may be a female Woodhouse Shrub Jay, or Western Shrub Jay?

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could it be a Willow Fly Catcher..........picture attached.....

Willow_Flycatcher.jpg

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Funny Frank:thumbsup:

Don....yes need to see it outside of the nest but haven't been able to yet, every time I check....she's just sitting there...beginning to think it's a trick or something.:laughing7:

Couldn't help myself.......well I could have but what fun would have that of been

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vpnavy....lol that's what I was beginning to think to.

old digger....I'm still blown away by your "Banner" find, love seeing it up on the picture ribbon.:thumbsup: The birds shape does look like a Jay but no blue on it, a little yellow under the beak is the most color I can see....wish it was a Jay.

Cariboo...wow.... it does look like the flycatcher you suggested, I looked it up & they say that the south west one is in decline :( ...seems the "cowbirds" lay their eggs in it's nest so it's being bred out by them, poor bird. Thanks for that research Cariboo! I'll know for sure when it starts feeding it's (their) young.

Frank....well looks like someone's a comedian here....UR funny. :)

Don...yes, she must be trying to hatch'em. Maybe she eat's early & late when I'm not watching...duh, right?

TJE...yes...looks like it. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread