old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I needed to go to town and witnessed seeing this rare site in our area, this Trumpeter Swan. I have never seen one around here.

Folder # 3 007.JPG (zoom in)

I also visited a lovely lilac garden. This lady has over 700 different colors of lilacs. She sell them from $3.00 to 8.00. I am tempted on getting a few.

Folder # 3 025.JPG Folder # 3 023.JPG

Folder # 3 024.JPG

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shots old digger:thumbsup: The 'Trumpeter' was on the endangered species list years back..when out west in Northern Alberta (my second home ;), the city/area was one of the most important breeding grounds for them. They still have/use the logo "Trumpeter City"....Grande Prairie, Alberta. The swans are at least "one species" to successfully bounce back, instead of going extinct like so many others!...glad you got to see one, their "call/trumpet" is Unmistakable!!:thumbsup:

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shots old digger:thumbsup: The 'Trumpeter' was on the endangered species list years back..when out west in Northern Alberta (my second home ;), the city/area was one of the most important breeding grounds for them. They still have/use the logo "Trumpeter City"....Grande Prairie, Alberta. The swans are at least "one species" to successfully bounce back, instead of going extinct like so many others!...glad you got to see one, their "call/trumpet" is Unmistakable!!:thumbsup:

I have to second the nice shot old digger by TJE.......AT one time I lived not far from Grand Prairie and also remember the Swan saga there. The following taken from a year 2000 report:
"Approximately 10% of the Rocky Mountain​
population of Trumpeter Swans and over 1% of​
the global population nest and stage in the Grande​
Prairie area of northwestern Alberta"..........

"In the early 1900s, it was thought that Trumpeter​
Swans had been extirpated from Canada, but in​
1918 a small flock was discovered in the Grande area.

Numbers have since increased from​
78 birds to over 350".........................Nice to see they are on a come back...And thanks TJE for old memories....:thumbsup:

Last edited:

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to second the nice shot old digger by TJE.......AT one time I lived not far from Grand Prairie and also remember the Swan saga there. The following taken from a year 2000 report:
"Approximately 10% of the Rocky Mountain​
population of Trumpeter Swans and over 1% of​
the global population nest and stage in the Grande​
Prairie area of northwestern Alberta"..........

"In the early 1900s, it was thought that Trumpeter​
Swans had been extirpated from Canada, but in​
1918 a small flock was discovered in the Grande area.

Numbers have since increased from​
78 birds to over 350".........................Nice to see they are on a come back...And thanks TJE for old memories....:thumbsup:
Hey C5, Great to hear you were near and recall their 'on the brink' of never being here anymore...and recovery! :thumbsup:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a beautiful Swan old digger and great shot!:icon_thumleft: We'll never see any of those down here, so very nice to see yours, thanks for posting. And such lovely flowers, yes you "need" some of those for sure....those dark purple ones are amazing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread