tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's been in the upper 80's for five days now. When the sun goes down, it does get into the 60's pretty quick and high 50's still in the early morning just before sunrise. The sunsets on these warmer days can be pretty. I spent most the day inside and thought I'd go catch the sun going down this evening behind Longs peak here on the front range. I'm getting eager to head to the high country and cool down a little here soon.

Attachments

• sun set longs peak.jpg
    sun set longs peak.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 78

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Beautiful sunset! I would say that you're in for some nice weather tomorrow.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Beautiful sunset! I would say that you're in for some nice weather tomorrow.
My wife said I slept through a thunder stom last night. It did get a bit windy today, so maybe some cooler weather is moving in? It ain't over yet though. We haven't seen the upper 90s and in to the 100 yet and that always comes around August & September. So maybe 12 more give weeks to go and things will start cooling off.

ghost

Mar 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Longs Peak rings a bell. Isn't that in Rocky Mountain National Park. I had a summer job there with the park service back '74 working on the trails. I think we also did some work on Longs Peak. I brought my old metrotech with me that summer but didn't get to use it. I remember that it could be 90 degrees and there still would be a foot of snow in some places. That's how we kept our beer cold. I worked out of Estes Park by the way.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very pretty sunset there, love the reflection off the water. Was in AZ yesterday...103 degrees....so stop complaining about your 80's tamrock....of course I'm just kidding you. ;)

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very pretty sunset there, love the reflection off the water. Was in AZ yesterday...103 degrees....so stop complaining about your 80's tamrock....of course I'm just kidding you. ;)
Tamrock only like's 5 deg. above freezing as the perfect temp and when it's 100 + I stay in the cave as much as possible. I had all of AZ as a territory in the 1990's, so I mostly went down there in the summer, cuz the rooms where cheap and available as all the snow birds were gone. The days always ended at 3 pm and you hit happy hour till the sun went down and lowered the temp to 99.99 deg. I'd crank the AC up in the room and call it a day. When I was all through down their I would highball it to Show Low and bask a night in the cool air. Always refreshing in the summer nights there in Show Low, nestled amongst the big timbers.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Longs Peak rings a bell. Isn't that in Rocky Mountain National Park. I had a summer job there with the park service back '74 working on the trails. I think we also did some work on Longs Peak. I brought my old metrotech with me that summer but didn't get to use it. I remember that it could be 90 degrees and there still would be a foot of snow in some places. That's how we kept our beer cold. I worked out of Estes Park by the way.
I'll bet that was a fun summer way back then. Very wonderful times in the 1970's Rocky Mountain High era. Sure is a fluctuation in temp in the high altitude. Be 90 at 5pm and 30 5am. Yes Longs peak is in RMNP. It is named after Major Stephen Long, who explored the area in the 1820s. I bet that was real cool times to be in the Rocky's back in those days. Some of the whites in those days believed the Woolly Mammoth, could still exist in that great unknown Mountain range far to the west.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mid 70's this week, low 40's upper 30's here in Summit County this week. Only 13% humidity right now. We got sleet Friday night but no snow. Looks like it may be a little windy though this week. Tourist forecast: Strong cells developing with 80% chance of gapers, so take precautions when you come up here. Think I'll head up to Green Mountain tomorrow and get in more fishin practice!

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's been in the upper 80's for five days now. When the sun goes down, it does get into the 60's pretty quick and high 50's still in the early morning just before sunrise. The sunsets on these warmer days can be pretty. I spent most the day inside and thought I'd go catch the sun going down this evening behind Longs peak here on the front range. I'm getting eager to head to the high country and cool down a little here soon.
Wow!...now that's a sharp sunset TR. Beauty! :thumbsup:

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tamrock only like's 5 deg. above freezing as the perfect temp and when it's 100 + I stay in the cave as much as possible. I had all of AZ as a territory in the 1990's, so I mostly went down there in the summer, cuz the rooms where cheap and available as all the snow birds were gone. The days always ended at 3 pm and you hit happy hour till the sun went down and lowered the temp to 99.99 deg. I'd crank the AC up in the room and call it a day. When I was all through down their I would highball it to Show Low and bask a night in the cool air. Always refreshing in the summer nights there in Show Low, nestled amongst the big timbers.
DAMN!...I don't need that TR! :) We work in the quarry (no shade) till it hits around 90+..then it's a 'shutdown'..but lucky so far this summer, it's been "my kinda temps"!! heh heh.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you are looking for gold, you found it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions