OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it together now...I think! ;) 2014-06-27 14.47.19.jpg 2014-06-27 15.06.58.jpg 2014-06-27 15.07.40.jpg 2014-06-27 19.04.03.jpg 2014-06-28 10.57.08.jpg 2014-06-28 16.25.49.jpg 2014-06-28 07.44.45.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skull Island...Thats sounds like a cool place.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skull Island...Thats sounds like a cool place.
It is TR, one place you're truely "on your own"....Skull Island 'nickname' stuck because the first thing I found stepping off on shore was a deer skull and jaw bone. ;) 2013-07-02 13.29.14.jpg 2013-07-02 09.02.43.jpg

Last edited:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:...yeah, pictures! It sure looks like a great place TJE...& all to yourself...nice...the water is sooooo clear, remindes me of Hawaii. Just LOVE the rocks & boulders there....how big is the Island...must be large with deer's there? Nice camp fire and your doggie is so cute, what kind is (name?) it....question, questions & more Q's..right...sorry it's the "C" thing....& I mean curious...:laughing7: Thanks for posting them. :) Oh, wonder why it was renamed...but I do like "Skull Island" best.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the ideal place to go to get some serious peace and quiet time. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:...yeah, pictures! It sure looks like a great place TJE...& all to yourself...nice...the water is sooooo clear, remindes me of Hawaii. Just LOVE the rocks & boulders there....how big is the Island...must be large with deer's there? Nice camp fire and your doggie is so cute, what kind is (name?) it....question, questions & more Q's..right...sorry it's the "C" thing....& I mean curious...:laughing7: Thanks for posting them. :) Oh, wonder why it was renamed...but I do like "Skull Island" best.
I knew you meant 'curious' kat :laughing7: The stone is totally different from home, volcanic and granite (marble), plus alot of magnetite & hematite. But boy! do the 'big' water & gardner snakes love the heat from them ;) Luckily haven't bumped into any timber or missasauga Rattlers. The island is approx. 8 miles wide by 8 miles long, only one old logging road coming down from the north about 3 miles straight thru the bush. Cooper is part mexican and something else haaaaa. Water is clear but cold (wouldn't last long in it). ;)

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the ideal place to go to get some serious peace and quiet time. :thumbsup:

You are totally correct old digger....a guy doesn't want to leave ...(4-5 days goes by fast/too quick) ;)

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some beautiful pics! I will wager you that because of them, someone visits your little piece of Heaven! You may have to share with more than the snakes, deer and freighters now:dontknow:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind wildlife can be found on that island? That place looks so worth waiting through those long harsh winters to experience. I got on-line once to check out some vacation spots in the Great Lakes area to take my wife. She's from NW corner of PA very close to Lake Erie. She's never fully enjoyed the Rockies like I do and loves and very much misses those big lakes. I like em also. I'm put'n work trips off and staying more at home this time of the year due to the high cost of summer travel and available motels, plus it's just too dang crowded all over the western states for me now. It's all good "for the most part", as I do believe folks need to get out and enjoy the outdoors and what the western states receive from those tourist $$$ is a plus in keeping the back country safe from any harm. Just not happy to see some of the effects RGINN stumbled upon.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tamrock....if she is from Erie, Pa, ask her if she knows the Fish family.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some beautiful pics! I will wager you that because of them, someone visits your little piece of Heaven! You may have to share with more than the snakes, deer and freighters now:dontknow:
Heh heh, that's the thing Old Dude...there isn't any land for sale anymore, the government claimed the rest for preservation.
Gotta add the bears, wolfs, etc. small and large game / birds hardly ever seen humans I believe.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind wildlife can be found on that island? That place looks so worth waiting through those long harsh winters to experience. I got on-line once to check out some vacation spots in the Great Lakes area to take my wife. She's from NW corner of PA very close to Lake Erie. She's never fully enjoyed the Rockies like I do and loves and very much misses those big lakes. I like em also. I'm put'n work trips off and staying more at home this time of the year due to the high cost of summer travel and available motels, plus it's just too dang crowded all over the western states for me now. It's all good "for the most part", as I do believe folks need to get out and enjoy the outdoors and what the western states receive from those tourist $$$ is a plus in keeping the back country safe from any harm. Just not happy to see some of the effects RGINN stumbled upon.
Hey TR, pretty much all 'eastern big game and all else' wolves, fox, coyote, raccoon, fisher, martin and on and on.
Where I'm at is opposite (north shores) above Michigan/Wisconsin. The next island to west southwest of us (1 mile away) is actually U.S. (Drumond/Drummond? island)... On the Canadian/U.S.waterline border. Ever make it up around here...let me know!...Help you and your wife out, holiday cost here wouldn't be much!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!! I especially like the second one.

Hey PB, that little island in first & second pic..beside skull island is called Magnetic Island (had buggered up/wrecked ships in the past ages I hear)..because of compasses going haywire.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How interesting TJE that that little island is "magnetic"...wonder if all it's rocks are? And "wolves"...really? Have you ever seen one anywhere & got a picture? They recently relocated some Mexican red ones here, but haven't seen any yet.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How interesting TJE that that little island is "magnetic"...wonder if all it's rocks are? And "wolves"...really? Have you ever seen one anywhere & got a picture? They recently relocated some Mexican red ones here, but haven't seen any yet.
I think CK (just me guessing)...since the distance is prob 400-500 yds. apart I think both islands 'had a hand' in buggering up compasses on the old ships....Wolves!...never had or thought of pics when I see them (no matter..wouldn't be quick enough with these 'big night ghosts' anyway) heh heh. But, wish they would howl around camp "Every" night! ;) when they are around me at night I sleep deep..with a smile! :) NO bears at night..when you have a wolf pack serenading you to sleep. :thumbsup:

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks like a nice place to relax.8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread