....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, what curious cat said! X2

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...to my surprise today, the momma brought not just 'White Cheeks' down from the bush into the quarry...but 2..another young one too! :) and from the size difference of them...I'd say White Cheeks is the boy and he's got a little sister! ha. No pics today (missed out on some good ones of the whole family 'playing')....but soon. ;)

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't wait! When you said you missed some shot of them 'playing', that was a heartbreaker. Too bad you don't have a video camera!!! I'll be watching for more pictures, for sure!

TJE, and Curious Cat, I've got to tell this. When I lived just west of Waco, Texas, we had an acre lot in a little community away from towns. We were on a 3/4 mile long dead end street. We didn't see a lot of squirrels; but the cottontail rabbits were abundant. One evening I was sitting in the yard watching some bunnies playing. I didn't have the camera or the camcorder with me. After I watched the fun for a few minutes, I decided to try to get some video of them playing. By the time I got the camcorder and got back outside, they were gone. I guess I 'spooked' them.

Anyway, I have never seen anything like it. One bunny would be crouched down. Another bunny would make a run at the crouched bunny. I don't know how they decided which one would do what; but I never saw them collide. The one making the run at the crouched bunny would jump over the crouched one; or the crouched one would jump and the runner would pass under it! I really had a hard time keeping quiet so as not the scare them; but was laughing (almost) uncontrollably as I watched. They played like this for several minutes before I got up and went to get the camcorder. There either 3 or 4 of them and taking turns as to who crouched and who made the run. Really hilarious.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The kits are really growing up fast, soon they will be off on their own.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree tr777, all wild animals 'play'...just like our pets.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The kits are really growing up fast, soon they will be off on their own.
You bet old digger, was surprised how big they were before momma allowed them to be in the quarry. Actually the smaller female kit seems more independent than the big bother! (who seems to hang with/be a momma's boy) ;)

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh TJE....I'm so happy to hear there's another one & a little girl, how sweet! You know, at least in cats I've noticed that the girl kittens are much more out-going than the little boys for some reason.? Don't know if this is the same with all animals or not....maybe it has to do with the fact that "moms" have to be more aggressive to protect the young while the dads don't really have to? The cats I've had that were female, were much more "scary" than the males....what's that old saying about the female being more deadly than the male, maybe true!? :laughing7:

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh TJE....I'm so happy to hear there's another one & a little girl, how sweet! You know, at least in cats I've noticed that the girl kittens are much more out-going than the little boys for some reason.? Don't know if this is the same with all animals or not....maybe it has to do with the fact that "moms" have to be more aggressive to protect the young while the dads don't really have to? The cats I've had that were female, were much more "scary" than the males....what's that old saying about the female being more deadly than the male, maybe true!? :laughing7:
Totally true I'd say CK, even in the wild. Little sister is way more independent from momma already...and here's the family! Finally got pics of them together ;)...and guess who's right tight with momma?...white cheeks, the big brother! haha.
Now, off to Skull Island for long weekend...yeehaw!!

Attachments

• 2014-08-01 06.50.37-2.jpg
    2014-08-01 06.50.37-2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 2014-08-01 06.50.53-1.jpg
    2014-08-01 06.50.53-1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft:Love the pictures....she's beautiful (name yet?), they all are! Yup, had a feeling this post is going to be a "long" one, might break records...because you know, we're going to be watching them grow up.;) Hope you have a Great time on :skullflag: Island TJE. :)

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft:Love the pictures....she's beautiful (name yet?), they all are! Yup, had a feeling this post is going to be a "long" one, might break records...because you know, we're going to be watching them grow up.;) Hope you have a Great time on :skullflag: Island TJE. :)
Hey CK, 4 days island hopping was 'just what the doctor ordered'!:laughing7: then back to work today..and the big brother 'white cheeks' shows up (pic)...the little sister went by/around me up high on the stone shelf (but, can't get pics same time as cutting stone)..maybe tomorrow. ;)

Attachments

• 2014-08-06 10.19.59-2.jpg
    2014-08-06 10.19.59-2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 74
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 76

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear that you enjoyed several days off, and it looks like the the fox family gave you a welcome back.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures....so where's the Island ones besides that cool speed boat? ;) White cheeks is so sweet, his sister is being very smart & checking you guys out "extra"....kind of like my mama cat does the garden hose when it's moved to a new spot...got to make sure you guys aren't snakes...:laughing7:

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear that you enjoyed several days off, and it looks like the the fox family gave you a welcome back.
Hey D, yes it felt good..but the time/days few by too quick (as usual) ;)
Both the 'little ones' showed up for a quick pass-by today..so they're still out smarting all their predators :thumbsup:

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures....so where's the Island ones besides that cool speed boat? ;) White cheeks is so sweet, his sister is being very smart & checking you guys out "extra"....kind of like my mama cat does the garden hose when it's moved to a new spot...got to make sure you guys aren't snakes...:laughing7:
Hey CK, funny you mention your cat..garden hose/ snakes, always lots of snakes on islands sun tanning themselves ;)
finally got pics of the 'little sister' today...and here's a few different island & rock formations (a good few miles) from "Skull Island" :)

Attachments

• 2014-08-07 06.58.09.jpg
    2014-08-07 06.58.09.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 2014-08-07 06.58.46.jpg
    2014-08-07 06.58.46.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 2014-08-02 21.04.30.jpg
    2014-08-02 21.04.30.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 2014-08-05 07.22.15.jpg
    2014-08-05 07.22.15.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 72
  • 2014-08-05 07.20.57.jpg
    2014-08-05 07.20.57.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 2014-08-04 18.47.20.jpg
    2014-08-04 18.47.20.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 67

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures TJE....little sister looks pretty composed & like she knows what she doing, sweet. On the pictures of the jagged rocks...you had me searching for the "snakes", thought it was a "where's Waldo" thing.:laughing7: What kind of snakes are there? Very interesting kind of rocks, wonder why they're like that and pup looks very happy there, so cute! Beautiful place, thanks for sharing the pictures....this post is getting on up there....maybe break 100.:thumbsup:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More great pictures, TJE. Thanks!

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures TJE....little sister looks pretty composed & like she knows what she doing, sweet. On the pictures of the jagged rocks...you had me searching for the "snakes", thought it was a "where's Waldo" thing.:laughing7: What kind of snakes are there? Very interesting kind of rocks, wonder why they're like that and pup looks very happy there, so cute! Beautiful place, thanks for sharing the pictures....this post is getting on up there....maybe break 100.:thumbsup:
Hey CK, yeah she is way more cautious..her brother is quite brave, and seen them playing up in quarry...he's a little bully towards her ;)
The last 3 island pics are on a another buds place...he owns it (a little 2 acre island)...the stone is from the Sudbury formation, where they mine nickel, silver, gold etc. Also (a little north is where one of the largest meteorite/asteroid hit earth long ago. Think that is why it's good mining.
Most commonly seen snakes are big water & gardner snakes...but also many Timber & Mississauga Rattlers, they're the ones not to get hit by! or your holiday/fun is over ;)

Last edited:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah TJE, sounds like little sister is practicing for "momhood", and White cheeks is giving her some good "toughing up" play.:thumbsup: How awesome that your friend owns his own Island & thanks for the info. on what those rocks are from. That's so interesting about the "meteorite/asteroid" thing...can you tell by looking that something like that happened....a large crater or something? Ever found any pieces of it? Some of those snakes sound :O...be careful! I once held a rattlesnake rattle while it was rattling....by the snake, interesting feeling. It's so wonderful that you get a close up experience of "Foxes" and thank you for sharing it with us, we love the pictures!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread