OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Beautiful pictures TJE....I think your foxes are the prettiest I've ever seen, perfect! And how funny that they're playing with your stuff, kids! lol Wonder why mama hasn't been around, let us know if/when you see her. Yes, hope they make it and have families of their own one day. They sure like it at your place...but who wouldn't...you guys treat them like family. Thanks for the pictures..:)
Kids/kits! is right CK :laughing7: heh heh, think momma is gone on purpose...to make the young ones prepare/hunt/survive on their own (they've never seen a winter yet), but hope she's fine and checks on them again.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes...think you're right about mama leaving for a good reason TJE...the "kids" do need to "grow-up". Well...almost getting to 100 on this post (can't see what it's at exactly now), wonder what's the most a post has been to? Think it's been my favorite so far. :thumbsup:...thanks TJE :)

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TJE, and Kat, this is one of my favorite threads also! Great pictures and all the things we've discussed about the foxes. I've really enjoyed it.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, just heard today from a quarry worker in a different quarry not half mile away from here...he seen a dead fox (a while ago) on the side of their quarry road...hit by a vehicle. May be why I've not seen momma ..hasn't been with the two young ones in the last couple weeks. But, doesn't sound good.
Last of the few pics of momma.

Attachments

• 2014-07-23 10.12.33.jpg
    2014-07-23 10.12.33.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 2014-07-23 10.12.47-1.jpg
    2014-07-23 10.12.47-1.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 57

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She was/is a beautiful creature! Great looking tail. She sure looks healthy in that picture, Tamrock.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure hope that isn't the momma fox, but ''if'', hopefully her daughter will pass on the legacy.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure hope that isn't the momma fox, but ''if'', hopefully her daughter will pass on the legacy.

Hey D, hope all's well :) odd you should say that!..the daughter is the only one I've seen in the last few weeks! ;) ...Think she has momma's drive! :)

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:-\...oh no, hope it isn't true...and might not be, but like old digger said...she will always be alive in her offspring. "Life" never ends anyway...only changes form. Yes, her daughter sounds like her alright...so keep the pictures coming as long as you can TJE...we love them. :icon_thumright:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have followed this thread from day one. I hope the vixen is OK. I hope they are all OK!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry 'bout that, TJE. Brain getting little feeble, along with the rest of me!

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:-\...oh no, hope it isn't true...and might not be, but like old digger said...she will always be alive in her offspring. "Life" never ends anyway...only changes form. Yes, her daughter sounds like her alright...so keep the pictures coming as long as you can TJE...we love them. :icon_thumright:
Agree with all said CK!! ;)...finally seen the brother and sister 'together' this morn just after daybreak...but not for long. (at least they both still gotta chance to carry on. (got a feeling it was momma on that bush road).

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have followed this thread from day one. I hope the vixen is OK. I hope they are all OK!
Seen both young'ns this morn OV...but no momma (2-1/2 to 3 weeks now) so, don't look good, but you never know...

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if that was mama I'm sorry TJE, know you will miss seeing her. It was/is so wonderful that you did/do get the opportunity to be a part of her/their lives anyway. I know how it is to lose "furry friends", but even better to have had the time with them. Thank you for keeping us updated, no matter what the news. :)

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the momma fox. Maybe she moved to a different area and left the young ones there where they are familiar with. :dontknow:

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the momma fox. Maybe she moved to a different area and left the young ones there where they are familiar with. :dontknow:
That's exactly what I'm hoping old digger...Hey CK, hope she does a surprise visit! that would nice ;)

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, cooler/wetter weather finally started...got to see (bro)White Cheeks & Square Tail(sis) together one morn about two weeks ago...But only little sis came back...got a few pics of her in the pouring rain today. She looks healthy (winter coat already starting). Sad part, no sign of momma....but still hoping!

Attachments

• 2014-10-05 11.10.16-1.jpg
    2014-10-05 11.10.16-1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 2014-10-05 11.10.09-1.jpg
    2014-10-05 11.10.09-1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 2014-10-05 11.10.23-1.jpg
    2014-10-05 11.10.23-1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 45

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice pictures TJE....looks like she waiting for something/someone....yes, sad that mama hasn't come back so far. But nature has a way of working everything out...so all will be well no matter. White cheeks may be scouting out his new territory, males probably have a much wider range. She's a beauty just like her mother and yes, looks ready for colder weather. It's been near freezing here at night, but warm/hot in the day still. Thanks so much TJE for keeping us updated on "our" foxes, at least it sort of feels that way now...lol

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She looks like shes not liking that weather very much. A little fox shot across me on Interstate 70 coming home last Friday night. I saw it crossing just in time to slow down. It's a bad time of the year on the roads for wildlife. It's that time of the year to put the feeding on overtime for wildlife. Yesterday I was in the back yard and herd the neighbors chicken all up in a ruckus. I thought a cat or something was after them. I looked over the fence and saw a hawk had them all in a corner of the yard. I yelled at it and it took one look at me at got the heck out of there. About a year ago the city ok'd it for folks to have as many as 5 egg layers in the residential districts here. The words out in the raccoon, skunks and birds of prey networks about all the good eats to hit up around here now. Most the neighbors keep their chicken in small caged areas, but this guy next door lets them roam around his back yard. I've seen these foxes around here leap some tall fences...Oh well! ain't my chickens.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread