tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I went to a tunnel job on I-70 at Idaho Springs the long way. I took highway 72 west to highway 119 south, known as the peak to peak highway in to Central City. I called the guys at the tunnel and told them I'd be there around 1:00 pm. They told me to take five someplace as they had a shot at 1 o'clock and a delay that could be a half hour after that. I was coming in high above I-70 on the Central City By-pass and it was 12:50 pm so, I found a nice pull off over looking I-70. I took the 1st picture at just about 1pm and in just 6 minutes later I took the 2nd picture after they stopped the westbound traffic and the interstate was fully backed-up in just those 6 minutes for a good mile or more?. Now that's a good way to understand the volume of traffic on Colorado's I-70 in the mountains these days and that's just an average weekday at 1 in the afternoon. You should see the westbound backups on a Friday night during ski season. I thank God every time I'm going eastbound on those nights. How was it California would in 20 years followed me back out to Colorado :dontknow:

Attachments

• black hawk 1.jpg
    black hawk 1.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 58
  • black hawk 2.jpg
    black hawk 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
  • black hawk 3.jpg
    black hawk 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • black hawk 4.jpg
    black hawk 4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an outstanding view from your pull-off. :thumbsup: Would that be an old abandoned gold or silver mine in your second photo?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an outstanding view from your pull-off. :thumbsup: Would that be an old abandoned gold or silver mine in your second photo?
I think that was a gold prospect, as it was outside Central City, Colo.

Hey! OD, The Thursday after this I've got a visit set up with Big Timber. I'll be making my way to Green River Wyo.1st part of next week. I'll then head out of Wyo. up through the northern west part of the state east of Yellowstone. I'll give ya a heads up if time permits.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that was a gold prospect, as it was outside Central City, Colo.

Hey! OD, The Thursday after this I've got a visit set up with Big Timber. I'll be making my way to Green River Wyo.1st part of next week. I'll then head out of Wyo. up through the northern west part of the state east of Yellowstone. I'll give ya a heads up if time permits.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Sounds good!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread