tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang! I did yesterday cook a salmon on the grill. It's all gone now, because it was such a small a fillet. You never see a salmon in the store around here like the ones you have there. Nice catch.

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
"I lost a huge salmon under the boat"
Yea Yea Yea!
That's what we all say.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tamrock....store-bought salmon??............ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! :) You're right though, you need at least 6 feet of countertop to fillet these salmon. I ended up cutting one into 3 big chunks, vacuum sealed them and put them in the freezer. When I get time I'll cut them up for the smoker.
We also did some bottom fishing and got plenty of fillets to cook up later. We got some China cod, greenlings, cabezon, and a few others. They make for some tasty fish tacos!

Last edited:
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fished on my oldest son's boat but another son took my smaller Bayliner out because the water was pretty calm and my boat could handle it. At one point the fog moved in and you couldn't see very far. With the radios on our boats we can locate each other so we met up and cruised together. The boat I was on has radar so we could see other boats in our path and avoid them. Here's my little Bayliner and a pic of a trawler offloading some salmon.
I'll add a pic of the view of the harbor from our deck. We rented the apartment above the deli at Dolpin Isle Marina. Big place!

Attachments

• bragg4.jpg
    bragg4.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 55
  • bragg9.jpg
    bragg9.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 65
  • bragg12.jpg
    bragg12.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 53
  • bragg29.jpg
    bragg29.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are more pics from the trip if anyone likes boat pics as much as I do. :)

Attachments

• bragg7.jpg
    bragg7.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 53
  • bragg18.jpg
    bragg18.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 67
  • bragg21.jpg
    bragg21.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 59
  • bragg24.jpg
    bragg24.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 75
  • bragg27.jpg
    bragg27.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a few more. Threw in one of grandson learning how to properly cut bait. :)

Attachments

• bragg58.jpg
    bragg58.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 57
  • bragg38.jpg
    bragg38.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 48
  • bragg40.jpg
    bragg40.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 57
  • bragg36.jpg
    bragg36.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 64
  • bragg41.jpg
    bragg41.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 55

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah, great pictures, great fish, and beautiful boats! I haven't fished in several years. I used to really love to go for bass, crappie, and catfish at Lake Whitney and Lake Waco, when I lived in Texas.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think as long as we got folks takin the kids and grandkids fishin, and we still got a place to fish, the country is in good shape. Same goes for huntin. I wonder if the President ever takes his kids fishin?

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naahhh, he is just buying a home in the Desert area of California I hear it has weather very similar to his homeland of Kenya. He is not too much of an ocean person.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, not full of squid. Salmon had anchovies basically and the lings had crabs and small fishes. Funny, the salmon and bottom fish were caught on hoochies (they look like squid). The lings and cabezon were caugt on diamond jigs. I have seen salmon full of squid but not this trip. You're right rg, you gotta teach the young to use, respect and how to get by in the outdoors, otherwise everything becomes a video game. This grandson has fished since toddling and operated boats on fresh water since he knew how to steer. This was his first trip driving a boat in the ocean with a lot of other boats around and downriggers off both sides of the boat. It wasn't too long ago he was afraid of the ocean. This is also the first time we took him out without dramamine. Figured that, if he got sick, he's big enough to handle it but, as hoped, he did fine without it. :)

Attachments

• bragg64.jpg
    bragg64.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ewwwww! is exactly the very same thing my buddy who lives in Anacortes WA said when I told him I buy and grill salmon from the store. Man I've no other choices around here. Sure wish I did. My friend moved to the Pacific coast maybe 20 years ago and said he does't miss Colorado what so ever. He build wood kayaks out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions