Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped beside some lily ponds along Homestake Creek, northwest of Leadville in Eagle County last night. National forest so people have established camping areas along the road over the years. Almost 80 in the day with a drop to 34 at night and light frost. I was surprised to see snakes are able to live there, so examined this little guy then sent him on his way. Even for a Monday lots of folks out but nobody close to me as I camped where you have to walk in a ways. That is NOT how I would have set up that campsite, but I worked with what they left me.

Attachments

• 7-22a.jpg
    7-22a.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 7-22b.jpg
    7-22b.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 7-22d.jpg
    7-22d.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 7-22e.jpg
    7-22e.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 7-22f.jpg
    7-22f.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 77

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful place RGINN and lovely pictures....cute little snake to! Bull frogs have been eating all of ours.:( I don't know if you familiar with "long hunters"? I have to say that you remind me of one...at least of what I've heard about them. We had one in the family named Uriah Stone, he was a sort of "explorer" back in TN in the 1700's. Thanks for sharing your stories & explorations with us. :icon_thumleft:

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
I always love your pics.
that last one of the fire pit, is that a stone/boulder.
It looks like it's been used for that purpose for 100's of years.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ck. I'm familiar with long hunters. Due to work obligations I'm the 24 hr. hunter for now though. I had ancestors livin in what is now Tennessee in the 1700's. That's a boulder that previous visitors have built a fire ring in front of, HCW. Probably not in use for 100's of years, but this is in an historical mining area. A few prospect diggings around the campsite. I detected and only found 4 copper Lincolns. If I had set up this campsite, I would have put the fire farther out and slept between the boulder and the fire. You'll stay warmer that way. Not a problem, cause that sleepin set up I got there has been good down to about 15 below.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting pictures and history, RGINN. I've just begun to see some of your pictures; need to start back a ways and do some catching up on your posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread