curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...right place at the right time for this Mule deer picture. And lucky to get it jumping the fence.

RSCN8085.JPG FSCN8084.JPG RSCN8083.JPG

RSCN8090.JPG

...was on a walk and heard something, so was very quite & able to sneak up on some Mule deer relaxing.....

FSCN9586.JPG RSCN9589.JPG RSCN9581.JPG

RSCN9575.JPG RSCN9573.JPG

RSCN9572.JPG ...this last deer looks like it might have once been injured, there a bruise looking area under its eye.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Nice Pictures!
This time of the year mule deer have that drab looking, light colored hair and as winter approaches they will get a new coat of the typical grey color. Looks like about a two+ year old buck in your first photo.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always to see your pictures, Kat. I went deer hunting 2 years in a row, back in Texas. I killed 2 small bucks the first year, then a small doe, a small buck, and a large buck the 2nd year. After that, I lost interest in shooting them except with a camera. No, I've nothing against someone hunting. If that's what they enjoy doing, then so be it. As I said, I just didn't care to kill them anymore.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old digger....thanks :)....and thanks you for the good info. on coat color and age of buck.:thumbsup:

Thank you vpnavy...;)

texasred....yes, to each his own...a valuable lesson to learn for us all.:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread