JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spent the day renting a pontoon boat on Kentucky Lake, a reservoir on the Tennessee River. The last pic is of young folks "quarry jumping". I'm told the graffiti is allowed there because the quarry was man made and therefore not a natural formation. Watching those kids climb up that thing is worse than seeing them jump off. My nephew tried to talk me into it...ha ha, absolutely not. Fun place to people watch and eat lunch on the water.

_DSC0009 (640x425).jpg _DSC0023 - Copy (640x365).jpg _DSC0072 (640x471).jpg _DSC0051 (473x640).jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking lake.

OP
OP
JunkShopFiddler

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no fish??

Sorry to say no other fishermen or fisherwomen in my family, I do have a twenty-something nephew who will go detecting with me...but there better be lots of higher tone targets or he gets bored quick.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd get some DNA tests taken. Can't imagine being a blood member of a family that doesn't fish together. A family that fishes together, gets dirty, stinky, tired, rained on, skunked and sun burnt together!! :)

KY PI

Sep 19, 2011
Northeastern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT PRO
I live on Grayson Lake at the other end of the state. Kids around here jump off the cliffs ........ the largest is supposed to be 90+ feet high and we usually life-flight 2 or 3 out each summer. They hit the water wrong and it's usually a broken bone or back injury. I probably would have done it too if it had been "the thing to do" back when I was their age! Kentucky Lake and Barkley Lake are beautiful! Check out "Land between the Lakes" while you are in the area.

OP
OP
JunkShopFiddler

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live on Grayson Lake at the other end of the state. Kids around here jump off the cliffs ........ the largest is supposed to be 90+ feet high and we usually life-flight 2 or 3 out each summer. They hit the water wrong and it's usually a broken bone or back injury. I probably would have done it too if it had been "the thing to do" back when I was their age! Kentucky Lake and Barkley Lake are beautiful! Check out "Land between the Lakes" while you are in the area.

We are less then 2 hours from Land between the lakes, go there a lot. They added an Elk and Bison range some years ago, It's amazing to see those animals with no fence between you and them here in the eastern US.

OP
OP
JunkShopFiddler

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd get some DNA tests taken. Can't imagine being a blood member of a family that doesn't fish together. A family that fishes together, gets dirty, stinky, tired, rained on, skunked and sun burnt together!! :)

I think you're right about family and fishing, my Dad and I fished together till he passed. The rest of my family, and my wife's, have many bad divorces. My wife has become the matriarch figure and our Nieces and Nephews give us cards and gifts on Mother's day and Father's day, of course we enjoy the attention but it's always a tearful and bittersweet occasion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread