fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently bought a new Nikon D-SLR and this is the first picture I took with it. I was about 10 feet from the subject using a 55-200mm Zoom lens at the 200mm range. I was holding the camera so the picture is not as clear as it could be. I think I am going to like this camera once I learn to use it!

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 74

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great picture! Getting used to a camera really helps. I've got a Samsung that I bought on eBay about 5 or 6 years ago. I also, about a year ago, bought a Panasonic. The Panasonic is great for video; but I really don't like it for still shots as well as I do the Samsung. On the other hand, the Samsung is great for still shots; but not so good with video. The Panasonic is harder for me to 'control' for still shots. I just can't seem to hold it still. I think it's the shape; kinda thin. But the Samsung is easier to hold steady, so the stills are much better. I believe the video difference is just the better, later quality of the Panasonic.
Again great picture and look forward to seeing more from you.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good one and it came out pretty clear.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just..... WOW! TTC

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice picture & pretty dragonfly. I :love2: my Nikon and yes, it can be a hit & miss on getting the clearest pictures while holding it yourself, but that's what I do...wouldn't want to have to use a tri-pod, to time consuming. lol

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a mono-pod that I used with my old Olympus camera. It also doubles as a walking stick. I'll give it a try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread