Titusville, FL sunset tonight

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW!
Titusville sunset.JPG TTC

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the space shuttle blast off in Titusville in 1991. I'll never forget the shock and sound of it when it hits your body... It was pure, awesome power and I was like 5 miles away from it.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw the space shuttle blast off in Titusville in 1991. I'll never forget the shock and sound of it when it hits your body... It was pure, awesome power and I was like 5 miles away from it.
I worked out there on security. The equivalent power of 97 locomotives going full throttle. We would line up at 11 A/B and take turns stepping one step closer so we could say we were the closest to the shuttle during take off.... except for the rescue crew one mile away. (we were 3). A two BILLION dollar machine... the most complex machine ever built by man and they had a TEN dollar balloon with a Mr. Yuk face keeping the vultures from landing on it while it was on the pad! TTC

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked out there on security. The equivalent power of 97 locomotives going full throttle. We would line up at 11 A/B and take turns stepping one step closer so we could say we were the closest to the shuttle during take off.... except for the rescue crew one mile away. (we were 3). A two BILLION dollar machine... the most complex machine ever built by man and they had a TEN dollar balloon with a Mr. Yuk face keeping the vultures from landing on it while it was on the pad! TTC
That must have been an exciting job seeing all those blast off's... So sad to see it all come to an end.:(

Last edited:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen that same sunset many times. My family ran the concession at Veterans Memorial Fishing Pier and I attended Madison Jr High. The pier is at the foot of the causeway leading out to the Space center and Haulover Canal. I remember watching the first two shuttle launches from the pier circa '81 or so.
I've heard that its basically certain an inaccessible untouched 1715 wreck site has long been located and coincidentally lies just off shore from a certain launch pad on that stretch of highly off limits and closely guarded barrier island. Its no secret that govt employees occasionally eyeball serious spanish gold and silver on their "lunch breaks".

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That must have been an exciting job seeing all those blast off's... So sad to see it all come to an end.:(
Yes, and a pity. Many jobs went away. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy TerryC, it beckons me to spur my horse into the water.:laughing7:

Homar
You want to know the difference between a real cowboy and the wanna-bes? SPURS! The real cowboys , in the line at the gas station have spurs on.... of course.... they are part of the "work uniform". And usually a pick-up with a saddled horse in the trailer. And don't mess with AZ cowboys! A friend of mine (a cowboy) got two teeth knocked out one morning by a bull. And his lip got 7 stitches. I called him to say "hey". He was leaving the hospital. I laughed and commented that it was a lame way to get a few days off. Nope, he was on his way back to work! One tough hombre! TTC

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry C, that's a great picture. I can't get enough of the pictures of sunsets. I have a couple from a friend down in Texas that his wife took out on their 'ranch'. Couple of sunsets and some pictures of some horses they're raising.

Speaking of cowboys wearing spurs, I stopped at Albertson's (grocery) the other day. As I was walking in, I was following an old cowboy that had parked about two spaces from me. He was wearing his spurs. As I got back into my vehicle, I saw him coming out of the store. I sat and watched him put his purchases into the pickup, get in, and start leaving. I watched as he drove by in front of me. In the trailer was a beautiful horse, saddled and ready to be rode.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry C, that's a great picture. I can't get enough of the pictures of sunsets. I have a couple from a friend down in Texas that his wife took out on their 'ranch'. Couple of sunsets and some pictures of some horses they're raising.

Speaking of cowboys wearing spurs, I stopped at Albertson's (grocery) the other day. As I was walking in, I was following an old cowboy that had parked about two spaces from me. He was wearing his spurs. As I got back into my vehicle, I saw him coming out of the store. I sat and watched him put his purchases into the pickup, get in, and start leaving. I watched as he drove by in front of me. In the trailer was a beautiful horse, saddled and ready to be rode.
Because FL has so much rain (clouds), beautiful sunsets and sunrises are common. They line up with the cameras on the Max Brewer bridge, waiting for "the moment" to catch the sun just right. Tnx. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

BTW, there is a 56 foot sailboat here that hails from Idaho. I will crew for the owner when he sails for San Fran by way of the Panama Canal, Honduras, Galapagos, and Hawaii. I'm looking forward to that. TTC

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That ought to be quite a trip! I haven't been around many of the lakes up here, yet. I guess there some large and deep enough for sailboat the is big enough to handle the trip you will be on. I'm just not that familiar with boats. I've owned an old 17 foot 'motor boat', and an old 16 foot one. Didn't keep either of them long. I just couldn't seem to find the time to get on the lake enough to warrant the upkeep.
Hope you enjoy the trip! Keep us posted.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your sunsets look great too, Terry.
I got another one coming up (or down) for ya'll. lol.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Real shame about the space program. I remember when I was a kid on the space coast we would get out of class for a while and go outside to the school yard and watch the launches. That was a serious mistake to abandon the shuttles. If I continue I will violate the rules about no politics...

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread